FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
10,000 WP miles when you choose MCI

See my 5-10-03 post on Northwest board.
Old May 31, 2003, 4:35 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
just signed up. Anyone have any problems w/MCI residential? They were always fine in the past when I've used them.

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Jun 13, 2003, 2:30 pm

If you sign up for this offer, watch them closely. My intro letter says only 5,000 miles. When I complained to MCI, they told me not to worry b/c the computer says 10,000 miles. Oh, yeah, it's impossible for them to send a confirmation on company letterhead. Right.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 2:19 pm

yeah...you DO need to watch them. I also made a post about this promotion when it came out(since I actually DID receive the 10,000 mile letter).

I just called since I hadn't received any bonus miles yet, and...go figure, the promotion code in my record wasn't that code. In fact, it was a code that their system wasn't even recognizing - most likely a typo. Now I'm pushing for the miles to be back-dated to April when I first signed up!
Old Jul 3, 2003, 11:20 am

I switched to MCI two months ago but never received my miles. When I emailed MCI I was told that, because I already received AA miles in 2001, I would not be eligible for any further miles. The fact that I had been for two years with Sprint and returned to MCI (for the miles only) did not make any impression.

In the past, that had never been a problem. I probably came and went 5 or more times to/from MCI over the years.

I now decided to give up for a while on the phone game, and switched to a discounter (KISS).

I must say though that I made quite a ton of miles over the years from ATT, Sprint and MCI, and never paid more than the base fee to them. For the few calls I do from my home phone I dialed around so to save money.

This will be a change for me to dial without the extra seven dial-around digits http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Jul 3, 2003, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
You do have to keep your eye on MCI.
I checked with MCI 8 weeks after signing up to find out why my miles were not posting.
Turns out they had credited miles to a completely different ff number. So I waited another month to have that sorted out.
Then, just recently I received a welcome package from NWA which included my new WorldPerks card. After some checking with NW, it turns out MCI ignored the WP number I gave them, and simply opened a new account, crediting all miles to that new account. The customer svce rep I spoke to at NWA said he had been handling quite a few calls like mine. So double check what MCI has done if you are still waiting for your miles.

Anyway, NW cust svce was somehow able to merge the two accounts, and a day later my MCI activity showed up in my original acct.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Barbara43206:
If you sign up for this offer, watch them closely. My intro letter says only 5,000 miles. When I complained to MCI, they told me not to worry b/c the computer says 10,000 miles. </font>
I had the same problem. I called today to verify that I would be getting 10,000 WorldPerks miles as promised to originally induce my long distance switch, not the 5,000 suggested by the fine print on the back of the welcome letter. If anybody else is in the same boat or needs the code for the 10,000 mile offer (at a rate of 1,000 miles per month for 10 months), it's "ZNAL".

And incidentally, avoid making an international call like the plague unless you have Bill Gates' or Warren Buffet's bankroll: MCI charged me an unconscionable $23.54 for a five minute fax to Tahiti. Uggh.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 10:02 am

Thanks. I called and MCI offered the 10,000 NW miles. Details: MCI Long Distance Plan: 5 cents state-to-state calls 24/7, $2.95 monthly fee. Call 1-800-216-6105 to sign up.
TF
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:17 am

Programs: CO PLAT, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, NW, AA, UA
jeez... just called MCI and they got me to scrap ATT and sign up for their local service plan which actually is a little cheaper...

the only reason i really did it is to qualify for the worldperks 10,000 FFF promo

plan was 10.99 for local.. not bad

[This message has been edited by kalman911 (edited 08-01-2003).]
Old Aug 1, 2003, 11:29 am

Programs: CO PLAT, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, NW, AA, UA
HOLD THE PHONE!!!

ok... was pretty content with the plan the guy offered me... but looks like a bait and switch scheme...

he told me 10.99 would include long distance (as I needed it at 7 cents)

then i confirmed the order, he had the 3rd party verifier on the line.. she stated I had the $49.99 neighborhood complete plan!!!

i said.. hold up. cancel my order!! not at at all worth it at that price.. and that's not what I agreed too!

anyways, i'll probably call back and just sign up for the long distance for $2.95 a mo.. then cancel it in a 2 months after all the FFF credits post...

man i hate having to call back.. this is the 3rd time today since the first person just didn't know what she was doiing..
Old Aug 4, 2003, 11:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kalman911:
HOLD THE PHONE!!!

ok... was pretty content with the plan the guy offered me... but looks like a bait and switch scheme...

</font>
This also happened to me last year with MCI. It seems that some of their sales reps are third party contractors that are not actually employed by MCI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.