We can still earn Northwest miles, right?

Old Nov 28, 02, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

We can still earn Northwest miles, right?

While I know that there are cheaper LD companies, we only spend ~$20-$25 per month on LD, and I'd like to keep MCI's calling card. -Some of the El Cheapos tend to not work when one is in lower Slobvoia.

OK. So MCI is no longer going to provide UA or AA miles @ five per dollar spent on LD here in a couple of months. Presumably this is to save $, and with their financial problems I can understand that.

So, I'll switch from earning AA miles to NW miles in that MCI is going to continue with several airlines, just not UA or AA. Truth be known the # of miles is not the issue, I just like to have some form of ongoing activity for some of the airlines that I only fly on once a year. Regardless, my question is this...

If MCI is no longer going to provide UA or AA miles (presumably to save kibble), then why are they going to continue providing miles from other airlines? It does not seem that there would be that much of a disparity between what the different airlines are charging MCI...

Too much triptofan today on my part? Am I missing something here, or why did MCI only discontinue providing miles on UA and AA?

[This message has been edited by Butcher Bird (edited 11-28-2002).]

Search this Thread