Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCI Neighborhood Deal-has anyone looked into it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2002, 4:59 am
Original Poster

MCI Neighborhood Deal-has anyone looked into it?

I hope this is the correct forum to post this. On Monday MCI announced a new residential rate. 49.99 for unlimited local AND unlimited long distance- 24/7. In addition, there is free caller ID, call waiting, voicemail , dial8, etc.. Comments from anyone who has looked into this deal?? Thanks!!!
Old Apr 18, 2002, 5:38 am

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
Actually, no - this is not the appropriate forum, this forum being specifically for: Discussion of the latest frequent flyer program buzz.

I would suggest Omni.
Old Apr 18, 2002, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by svpii:
Actually, no - this is not the appropriate forum, this forum being specifically for: Discussion of the latest frequent flyer program buzz.

I would suggest Omni.
</font>
Sounds more like SPAM to me http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif
Old Apr 18, 2002, 6:02 am

Programs: USAir AA Hilton
Well, ScottC - I had the same initial reaction. But FT's version of "SPAM" requires some mention of miles or points.. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

I'm trying to give this poster the benefit of the doubt that he/she really is asking for feedback and NOT promoting a product.
Old Apr 18, 2002, 6:25 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
How about the "MCI" forum! We do have one.

------------------
Craig6z
Buzz & United Moderator
[email protected]
Old Apr 18, 2002, 8:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I'm really shocked by some peoples attitude. I feel like the poor guy was trying to get information out. As far as I understand you do get miles for spending money through mci. If you can funnel all the money from your local company to mci, its a great deal i would think.
Old Apr 18, 2002, 7:28 pm

They are offering: Earn 2,000 miles after your first month in The Neighborhood - and another 1,000 after your second month. You also get 5 miles for every dollar spent.

I'm sure of you call you can get a better deal.
Old Apr 19, 2002, 9:01 am
DH

Here's the link
http://www.mci.com/res_local_service/jsps/default.jsp

------------------
ValueConsumer.com Home of Tripple Dipping Online Shopping
Old Apr 20, 2002, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
My neighborhood hasn't joined "THE NEIGHBORHOOD" yet, evidently. Don't you just hate that??! It would sure save me some mega-bucks. Thanks for the heads-up!
Old Apr 21, 2002, 5:52 pm

From the first look it may be a better deal. I need to run the numbers. Would you earn miles on the whole $50?

I personally think this is the right place for this. It has to do with MCI, miles from MCI, and new services.
Old Apr 24, 2002, 2:43 pm

I just signed up for The Neighborhood. Did it by phone. The rep said I would get 2000 bonus miles and 5 miles for every dollar of the $49.99 per month.

I've been with MCI for two years and have never had a problem getting UA miles.

This is a pretty good deal for local and unlimited long distance. I didn't have to call my local company to disconnect and I got to keep the same phone number.

Robyn
(edited to correct typo)

[This message has been edited by Robyn (edited 04-24-2002).]
Old Apr 24, 2002, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

I signed up this morning for neighborhood complete ( unlimited local and long distance). The rep said there was a 5000 mile bonus for signing up and 5 miles per dollar spent each month (250 miles).
Old Apr 24, 2002, 7:00 pm

When doing your analysis to see if this plan is right for you, I'm sure there will be the typical array of taxes applied which should amount to about another $10.
Old Apr 25, 2002, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

You are right about the taxes. I estimated at least $10 additional for taxes= $60. My unlimited local yada yada yada plan with verizon is about that with NO long distance and NO miles.
Old Apr 25, 2002, 4:21 pm

Before you switch to this plan, read the posts on this FT thread about using MCI for local service. The savings are not great enough for me to take the chance. I'll stick with my combination of Verizon and http://www.onesuite.com.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum99/HTML/000127.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.