5000 miles from MCI, no switching

Old Jul 31, 2001, 10:53 am
Original Poster

5000 miles from MCI, no switching

I am with MCI, post bonus period. I called and asked them what they can do before I switch. They gave me 1000 miles p/month for 5 months, no hassles.

If you want the miles, but don't want to change LD carrier, give them a call.
Old Aug 5, 2001, 1:28 pm

I do hope you get your miles. My wife and I tried the same thing last year. It happened just the way you described. Very easy. However, MCI reps just tell you what you want to hear.

Six months later and no miles, we kinda got concerned. Gave them a call and they said "Oh, there seems to be a problem. I have fixed it." Wrong.

We are now with ATT. I probably would have stayed with MCI, but they make promises that they cannot keep.
Old Aug 7, 2001, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I am ready to switch...just completed my 6,000 miles...now what?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.