Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current Customer Wants More Miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 1999, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Glad it finally worked. Again I have had the most luck in changing the partner on the account and/or changing to another family member. If I had realized this I probably would not have changed that one account from MCI to my Sprint Fridays Free line. Before the end of the year when this promotion is suppose to end, I'll probably switch back and see which account needs miles for a ticket!. It is "who you get" and not giving up.

------------------
DtG
Old Sep 29, 1999, 6:32 am

Glad that your persistence finally paid off. Now lets see if we get the miles posted within the 30-60 day timeframe.
Old Sep 29, 1999, 11:38 am
Original Member

Not only did MCI call , after I switched to Sprint, but I just got a letter offering 25,000 (2,500 a month) over 10 months http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif. The expriration date on the offer is November 23.
They want me back BAD. Maybe I will ease their suffering after my 25,000 with Sprint is done. You people who are getting the 25,000 for over 5 months are lucky. I think MCI is stretching it out now.
Old Sep 29, 1999, 3:13 pm
dg1

The response from MCI:
Unfortunately, we will not be matching Sprint's 10,000 mile offer.
You
have already been issued 11,000 bonus US Airways miles from MCI
WorldCom. We hope that bonus and the ongoing 5 miles per dollar you
are receiving is enough to maintain you as a valued customer. Please
be advised that the bonus miles offer from Sprint is not applicable
toward the US Airways program.
-----
I can read between the lines: STOP BEING SO GREEDY! http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif heh. For now I'll stick with MCI since as he said miles in other programs are of marginal use to me.
Old Sep 29, 1999, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
As stated in an earlier post, I was able to switch airline programs instead of ditching MCI in favor of Sprint/NW when I told the MCI rep that I had an opportunity to switch for 25K miles.

I did, however switch my mother to Sprint and took the 25K miles on NW for her. The only problem has been that Sprint insisted on calling at least once a day, and sometimes more, and after 9PM as well to sell other services. I kept calling them back to get them to stop the calls. What other services could they possibly sell, She has Sprint Earthlink/Calling Card/1+/Personal 800/Sprint PCS Phone.

I told them after the next call that they would lose the business. Guess what, they called back.

The same day (today) a letter arrived from MCI, please come back. A phone call followed the mail, please come back. My mother told the rep that I make all her LD decisions and she wasnt going to change back yet.

This evening I called the toll free number on the come back letter. They told me the best they could do was 5K, but the partner desk could do better, the Z4WD 25K promo.

I called the partner desk 3 times, 1st call, nope, you have to be in the 9 state area. Second call, you have to be in the nine state area unless you have received an invitation from the airline or have the correct code. Third call I gave the phone number, (held out giving it to start so they could not note the account with the previous calls) told them I had received the come back letter and phone call and the rep there had said call the partner desk. Gave him the code and said if you can offer this and bill direct she will switch back. I asked for the direct billing in hopes the following would happen.

He did 25K, 2nd line 25K 3rd line 25K. He said they would have to be billed seperatly. http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif In reality the other 2 lines are not lines they are "ringmaster" distinctive ringing lines. I really streatched it on this one. He asked, "do you have any other phone numbers?" I told him yes but there is no LD on them at all. He did not seem to care. When taking all the information he paused and said, with these additional two lines you will have to have a calling card in order for the miles to go through.

I asked, the reps have incentives to sign up customers. They have every reason to find the promotion to put you on.

Call this number 800-754-7076, it is the partner desk. If you want the name of the rep that took care of me email me and I will send it back to you. They dont have direct extensions but you can always ask for him/her.

TW

Sorry for being long winded http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Old Sep 30, 1999, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Is Z4WD the win-back code for Delta. I once had all the codes, but now I don't. Do you know what it is for AA anc CO? Please let us know if the distinctive ringing lines actually work. The only drawback is that you can't get your $5.00 worth of calls to meet your minimum since you can't actually make calls on those lines. But a free ticket, who can complain

------------------
DtG
Old Oct 2, 1999, 7:22 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
Since each of the additional accounts had to come with a calling card, I will use each card to make calls.

Even though the rates are high, at least I will get something for the 5.00 minimum.

Z4WD is the wing back code. I dont know the codes for other airlines.

TW
Old Oct 4, 1999, 9:58 am

I have heard several times from MCI that since I have been awarded a bonus in the last 12 months that I am not eligible to switch back and receive a bonus. Indeed, I am embroiled in a 14-call, 7 week long dispute over this very fact.

I say if MCI telemarkets me and I accept, they are obligated to fulfill their end of the deal.

Anyone else heard this one?

Carberry
Old Oct 10, 1999, 7:40 am

Tolarian Wind....Do you know if the Sprint 25K miles works on the Sprint PCS alone? If so do you by any chance remember the phone number & what code you & your mom used?
Old Oct 10, 1999, 7:56 am

I also meant to give you the MCI codes & phone numbers.

Z25A-American, 800-432-3426
Z25C-Continental, 800-256-1474
Z25D-Delta, 800-269-2292

Also after you get all signed up call 800-578-6329 & ask them to sign you up for 5 cent Saturdays as well as Sundays. They'll add Saturdays for free. http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.