FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phones Programs/Partners (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/phones-programs-partners-475/)
-   -   Clear Info Needed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/phones-programs-partners/197034-clear-info-needed.html)

tasnam Jul 26, 1999 9:49 pm

Clear Info Needed

I understand from several sources that if you charge your MCI bill to AMEX (Delta Skymiles card for me) you receive extra miles (MCI saya Delta posts them) I have been charging for quite some time but have yet to notice where they are...who has gotten them that can reply from experiance?

Thank You

henwood Jul 26, 1999 9:59 pm

You will always get 5 miles per $ spent from MCI, posted by MCI to your FF account, regardless of how you pay your bill.
But by paying with your Skymiles card, you also get 1 mile per $ spent from AMEX, posted by AMEX.
It could be a large bonus if you have large phone bills. Plus no checks to mail to MCI every month.

MilesNut Jul 29, 1999 6:11 am

If you're going to sign up with MCI be sure to call: 1-800-269-2292 And ask for plan Z25D. That is the only plan that will give you the 25K bonus miles for signing on. MCI has lots of different plans going on & they will be more than happy to give you one with a much smaller sign on bonus so be sure to tell them what you want.

------------------
MilesNut

bokich Jul 29, 1999 6:41 am

milesnut - Do you know if this is limited to any particular airline, or will it work with any of the airlines which MCI is partnered with?

How recently have you taken advantage of this?

doc Jul 29, 1999 7:30 am

This MCI deal is supposedly limited only to residents of Iowa, Michigan, Montana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee and Washington for some reason so you may have trouble getting it in Maine.

bokitch-codes
American - Z25A
Continental - Z25C
Delta - Z25D

TravelLover Jul 29, 1999 8:58 am

In typical MCI fashion what I was told over the phone ended up being different from what I got but I'm still not complaining. I live in Wisconsin and just switched one of my lines (back) to MCI. I didn't have the codes handy so I asked about a 25k deal on American; they told me that it was available and that I'd get 5,000 miles a month for five months. When the paperwork arrived the actual deal is 2,500 miles a month for ten months. Still not a bad deal, especially since I immediately switched my line to MCI One Net (9 cents/minute 24/6, 5 cent/minute on Sundays).

Here-I-Go Jul 29, 1999 9:24 am

Please see next note http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Here-I-Go (edited 07-29-1999).]

Here-I-Go Jul 29, 1999 9:26 am

5 cent Saturdays may be free for the asking too! They were when I signed up, although they wern't offer . . . I had to request that perk. You might call and ask . . .

bokich Jul 30, 1999 7:48 pm

doc, so I'll go out on a limb here....United's code would be....725U?

(The danger, of course, is that I'm applying logical reasoning to a type of program that isn't necessarily always logical. http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif)

henwood Jul 30, 1999 9:51 pm

The MCI One Net plan for 9 cents/min 6 days a week is only good for state to state long distance. I don't think it applies to in-state long distance calls if you have MCI for that also.
Just a point to ponder.

Schutzee Aug 3, 1999 12:56 pm

So far I have signed up 6 lines for 25K each.
United is not participating. With American, MCI posts 2500 each month which is matched by American. Delta and Continental are posted as 5000 from MCI. Be sure to check the welcome package you receive. Look for 25,000 bonus offer. Several times the mailed info didn't match what I was told on the phone. If yours is incorrect, don't waste hours on the phone; e-mail MCI at: [email protected] Expect a response in a few days, and then you have everything in writing !

P.S. I am in NY

[This message has been edited by Schutzee (edited 08-03-1999).

[This message has been edited by Schutzee (edited 08-03-1999).]

travelmore Aug 3, 1999 1:13 pm

Six lines with bonus miles for six frequent flyer accounts? Or all into one account? I was under the impression that one frequent flyer account could only receive miles from MCI for one line?

Schutzee Aug 3, 1999 5:04 pm

I signed 2 lines under my AAdvantage number. When I tried for the third, MCI said only one 25K bonus per airline account, but since they had signed me up twice, they would give me the full 50K. To date, I have received 30K.For the other lines ( including cellular) I went with one Delta, one Continental, and one for my 5 year old daughter's AAdvantage account. If you call MCI and don;t like what you hear, call back and try again. You will get a different answer every time !!!

knowitall Aug 3, 1999 8:57 pm

In April I signed up for the 25M promo with both Delta & American. Thus far, I've had 3 months @ 5M/mo on each program, total of 15M X 2 =30M so far, with 2 months to go. Delta posts 5M once/month, but American posts 2500 2X/mo for same total. Totally satisfied so far.

toppshelff Aug 3, 1999 9:00 pm

Interesting...my CO account jumped up suddenly by...25K. I signed up just last month for MCI using Z25C. I thought I had to collect 5K/month. I will confirm that this 25K at once is the case. Imagine 25K for one month's worth of long distance...

birdyy Aug 4, 1999 11:24 am

It's seven lines for me (175,000) miles. All in separate accounts but some under the same name and airline. Oh I love this stuff.

Schutzee Aug 5, 1999 6:52 pm

byrdyy, Way to go ! What airline ?

Darien-l Aug 11, 1999 12:13 am

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to clarify a few things for me. Is the MCI 25k miles promotion still going on? I vaguely remember reading on another thread in "the Buzz" that it expired on May 13. Also, has anyone had any luck signing up for this promo from California? Thanks!

ravi Aug 11, 1999 7:25 am

Lasttime I asked them, it was available til June end.

Darien-l Aug 11, 1999 7:24 pm

Then how did toppshelff sign up for the 25k program last month? (July) Did anyone else hear anything different?

Schutzee Aug 11, 1999 7:52 pm

I signed up last line on 8/1/99 and just got my welcome package today which states 2500 miles a month for 10 months. Of course, I promptly e-mailed customer service to correct this to 5000 x 5. They also gave me the $5. certificate to pay local phone company switching charge. I am in New York.

Darien-l Aug 11, 1999 9:28 pm

Ok, I just unsucessfully tried to score this 25k offer.I first called 1-800-269-2292, but it appears to be a line for Delta FFP members only. (I'm an AAdvantage member) I then called MCI's customer service nummber, 1-800-754-7076, and asked about plan Z25A. I was told that it's still ongoing, but you have to live in one of eight qualifying states. How did you get this offer in New York? A phone number to call would be greatly appreciated. http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

dilbert Aug 12, 1999 9:27 am

MCI is VERY INCONSISTANT on 25K miles offer. It's depends on which MCI rep you get talked. Some will give you 25K miles but some will insist that you live in one of the states.

My brother recently offered 25K miles to switch back but when I got a phone call this morning from MCI, its rep offered me 10K miles. http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif When I told her that Sprint offered 25K miles she thanked me and hung up right away.

------------------
Dan

Schutzee Aug 12, 1999 6:12 pm

Darien-I

I called 800-754-7076. Call until you get someone helpful, it may take two or three calls. Every CSR gives a different story. It is important to use the words " I want to switch back to MCI ". As per my previous posts, this has worked six times for me. Don't give up !

wanderlust Aug 16, 1999 2:34 am

I signed my two lines up with MCI as well and am getting all of the miles promised. I live in Colorado, not one of the nine states apparently elligible for the promo.

This is something I don't think I've seen yet...

when I switched from MCI to Sprint for the original Worldperks 16k mile offer several months back, I switched back to MCI for the 25k mile deal (with Delta), but I asked Sprint to keep my Foncard active.

About two weeks ago, I got a call from Sprint wanting to confirm my Worldperks number. They didn't ask me to switch back, it was just a confirmation call. Why, I don't know. I didn't tell them I had switched to MCI.

So I checked my Worldperks account and sure enough, Sprint is still sending miles to my Worldperks account. I am using the Foncard occasionally, so I suppose it still shows in their records that I'm a customer. The Foncard is free, by the way, so those Worldperk miles are really cheap! http://talk.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

------------------
Aloooha!
http://www.hotshirts.com

MilesNut Aug 18, 1999 8:41 am

I live in the suburbs of Chicago & I have 4 lines currently receiving 25K miles & 2 I'll soon be switching back to MCI. The trick is that you have to set them up separately. If you try to do more than one at a time you'll only get 1000 miles for the second line. The other draw back is that you will spend a lot of time on the phone waiting. 25K miles per line is well worth the wait though.

------------------
MilesNut

MilesNut Aug 18, 1999 8:48 am

Darien-l....The bonus offer is with American(Z25A), Continental(Z25C) & Delta(Z25D).

------------------
MilesNut

MilesNut Aug 18, 1999 9:02 am

I live in the suburbs of Chicago & I have 4 lines currently receiving 25K miles & 2 I'll soon be switching back to MCI. The trick is that you have to set them up separately. If you try to do more than one at a time you'll only get 1000 miles for the second line. The other draw back is that you will spend a lot of time on the phone waiting. 25K miles per line is well worth the wait though.

------------------
MilesNut

Darien-l Aug 18, 1999 8:19 pm

Ok, I just signed up for the 25k offer! It did take me 3 calls to get someone to sign me up, though. All other CSR's were telling me the same story about the offer not being available in California. In any case, I was promised 5,000 miles a month for 5 months, and I of course carefully documented the call to make sure I actually get these miles. This is a great deal!! Thanks, everyone!

MilesNut Aug 19, 1999 8:19 pm

Congratulations Darien-l glad you didn't give up. MCI can be a bit of a pain but all those miles make it well worth the aggravation.

------------------
MilesNut

RedRobin Aug 21, 1999 7:43 pm

Schutzee you said your daugther got miles... was the phone in her name, or you can use someone else to receive the miles?

my two lines one is my name and the other my wife's...

also, my mci is comming to an end.. signed in april 3rd. already got 20K miles... one more 5K to go.. and I am also in new york. it took me a few times calling the reps, and making sure that the welcome package would be "fixed"

rgds,

Red

Schutzee Aug 22, 1999 5:40 pm

RedRobin,

The phone is in my name, I just gave my daughters Aadvantage number. When I checked my MCI account on line, it has her account number correctly listed. First 5000 miles post afer 30 days, so I don't really know yet if it will work. With MCI as unorganized as they are, I would assume once it is entered in the system, it will post to account. I will keep you posted when I find out( early September)