MCI Corporate Logic

Old May 26, 99, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire, Delta GM
MCI Corporate Logic

I switched to MCI for a "$75 check". I instead get a $75 credit certificate. I of course complain and they said they'll look at it. I told them I want the check or to get switched back. They refused to send me a check so I switched to Sprint. Can anybody explain why in 2-3 weeks I'll get another letter (Like the last time this happened) offering me miles or "cash" to switch back, rather than give me what they said in the first place and not have me switch away?
Old May 26, 99, 8:54 pm

The nose knows not what the toes is up to.

------------------
g'day
wl

[This message has been edited by wanderlust (edited 05-27-99).]
Old May 27, 99, 10:19 am
pgupta011

If you stayed with MCI and incurred $75 in bills, the credit would have been as good as a check, no?

Old May 27, 99, 12:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
If you waited for the credit to be posted, and then cancelled, they would have sent you a check for your "credit balance" ---maybe, probabably?--would have been worth a try! For a customer, continuing with MCI the $75 was a good as cash (except for some time value of money). The phone offers are often as snakey as the magazine winner lists. Sorry!
Old May 27, 99, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire, Delta GM
I'm just tired of being told I'm switching for offer X and not getting what I was told I'd receive.

Old May 27, 99, 7:57 pm

Cashing the $75 check is much saver and faster than getting $75 credit, in case you have just a $30 phone bill and want to switch. Waiting them to credit you with $75 takes forever (though waiting for the check to arrive is just as long, but sometimes, you may receive two checks instead of one, and both are good).
Old Jun 1, 99, 5:47 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I asked a rep why a monthly charge appeared on my bill and when she could not tell me I asked if someone else there could. She said "No!" I asked for a supervisor and she said none are available but informed me I'd get a call back in within 24 hours. That was about 24 days ago! Maybe I should switch to Sprint!
Old Jun 7, 99, 11:47 am
Original Member

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MCI TO HONOR ITS REWARD OF 5000 MILES IF YOU SWITCH TO THEM,PLUS A BONUS OF 1000 IF YOU USE THEIR CALLING CARD WITHIN 30 DAYS. I SIGNED UP IN JANUARY AND USED THE CARD BUT NOW I AM TOLD I WAS NOT A MEMBER UNTIL MARCH. THEY STILL HAVE NOT POSTED 1 MILE TO MY ACCOUNT. ANYBODY HAVE SUGGESTION OTHER THAN SWITCH TO SPRINT WHICH I WILL DO AFTER I GET MY MILERS
MCI NEVER AGAIN

------------------
Old Jun 10, 99, 12:12 am

Programs: Delta 2MM/GM , HH <>, AX-Plat
Had to put my 2 cents in. I enjoyed the free Amex Card program until they d/ced it. I switched to the Delta MCI incentive and so far have collected over 7000 miles. The other day I got a letter that Amex had reconsidered and was reinstating the free card (i.e. $55 credit) for those in the program as of 1 March 1999. So I switched back to the free Amex. I don't usually play the switching game -I'll take the $55 credit per year every time- but I'm ahead &gt;7000 SkyMiles. All due to Amex's indecision.

Jim

Old Jun 10, 99, 11:16 am

Despite having to police everyone (I've pretty much given up that these things will happen automatically), I've come out ahead as well. I received around 15,000 world perk miles in about a six month period, and now around the same for Delta - with 10,000 more coming. Keep trying here. It would be VERY illeagal for them NOT to honor the deals they have given to you. And they know that.

------------------
aloha!
www.hotshirts.com

Old Jun 20, 99, 3:27 pm

johnstar.....Do not give up. They WILL give you the miles. I usually have to make several phone calls (& sit on hold for awhile) but I always get my miles. I keep track of when I receive miles & of how many are still due. When my account has received all the miles promised I switch long distance companies. MCI always calls me & offers me another bonus to come back. It's well worth the time invested. Don't give up.

MilesNut
Old Jul 1, 99, 11:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
I must admit one thing about MCI...when it comes to posting the miles to my account, they are very good. Whether it's the initial miles for signing up or the 5 miles per dollar, they're usually right on schedule.

Man, how I hate to say anything good about MCI!!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: