FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phones Programs/Partners (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/phones-programs-partners-475/)
-   -   Switch to ATT is a pain (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/phones-programs-partners/197024-switch-att-pain.html)

adamak Mar 21, 2003 4:55 pm

Switch to ATT is a pain

First, their website doesn't work. You answer the first question, and it never takes you anywhere.

Then I had to wait on the phone for 20 minutes, bounced back and forth.

Finally I signed up. But that's a month ago. Since then I dont' know if I'm with ATT or with the old company. I don't get any mail, no calls from them to confirm the switch.

what should I do now? I can't get through to their phone.

doug 2205 Mar 25, 2003 2:09 pm

You should've gotten a letter confirming the change. But even that's no guarantee. I signed up my vacation home phone and got the letter, but they refuse to acknowledge that I've enrolled.
Try again

USAFAN Mar 26, 2003 3:51 pm

To confirm that your long-distance service has been activated, please call 1-700-555-4141 from the number you are switching.

cesco.g Apr 25, 2003 8:02 pm

Any success, Adamak?

I am considering switching from MCI (no more WP miles) to ATT (and AA miles). Do you happen to have an ATT customer service number?

lilprincess Apr 28, 2003 5:31 am

I switched my local service and it was done within one day. You don't have to opt for the long distance to receive the AA perk.

(800) 215-7788

Cat Apr 28, 2003 12:38 pm

Beware the 5000 mile offer. I signed up in November, gave them my ff number, and by February, nothing. Called them, and was told that "somehow" my sign up was not tied into the AA miles program (funny, but I was getting 25 miles per month for paying the monthly service charge...)

So the person signed me up again. End of April, still no miles. Seems AGAIN, I was not tied into AA (although the paltry 25 miles per month were continuing to show up.) This time, I was "promised" that within 60 days, I will see a lump sum of 3000 miles and 1000 miles for the next two months. I'll believe it when I see it.

It's not like this is difficult. ATT continues to charge absurd per minute charges for their so-called "service" and entice you with promises of ff miles which they conveniently neglect to give you, and each time you call after the 8-12 week waiting period, you have to start again.

Never again. What a scam!

IADCAflyer May 6, 2003 8:07 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cat:
Beware the 5000 mile offer. I signed up in November, gave them my ff number, and by February, nothing. Called them, and was told that "somehow" my sign up was not tied into the AA miles program (funny, but I was getting 25 miles per month for paying the monthly service charge...)

So the person signed me up again. End of April, still no miles. Seems AGAIN, I was not tied into AA (although the paltry 25 miles per month were continuing to show up.) This time, I was "promised" that within 60 days, I will see a lump sum of 3000 miles and 1000 miles for the next two months. I'll believe it when I see it.

It's not like this is difficult. ATT continues to charge absurd per minute charges for their so-called "service" and entice you with promises of ff miles which they conveniently neglect to give you, and each time you call after the 8-12 week waiting period, you have to start again.

</font>
I concur with Cat. I also signed up in November. Got no bonus miles or regular miles. Called up in early January to complain and was told that I had not signed up with AA. They did - however - have miles banked up and released the regular miles. They promised that they'd post the missing bonus miles to the account. Nothing happened for three months.

Called back two weeks ago to complain again. Was told that I was signed up with AA but did not sign up for the bonus miles. Vehemently protested when the agent offered to send me the miles - over the course of the next five months. Gave up and accepted.

Surprisingly, found 5,000 miles in my account yesterday from AT&T.

adamak May 13, 2003 6:37 pm

The saga continued. I signed up in March. Never a bill from ATT. I went to check my account online. My name was spelled wrong. The LongD and local toll order was marked incomplete. But the one-rate-10-cent plan was completed. Never a letter from ATT.

So I called ATT. According to the rep, I was all setup OK The rep has no idea why it says the first 2 plans were incomplete. According to her, the one-rate plan includes the other 2 plans. I told her I am still getting bill from Sprint, so obviously it's not complete. Her manager finally resubmit the order.

Though the rep was very helpful, this is such a pain that I would not recommend to anyone. ATT service is a joke. And I'm quite sure my mileage will not show up any time soon.

Seriously, there are other easier ways to earn the couple thousand miles. ATT is a NIGHTMARE !!!

PhilC May 19, 2003 12:06 pm

Called to place order for ATT/Delta program on 3/28. Received letter dated 4/11 stating Skymiles program enrollment 'unsuccessful'. Called the ATT rewards program dept at (800) 547-0403. They added my Delta account and said to wait 6-8 weeks for first 1000 to post. First bonus miles posted on 5/9 - 1000 for 3/28 and another 1000 for 4/28.

Cat Jun 5, 2003 8:10 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cat:

</font>
Well, an update...The 3000 promised miles finally posted the middle of May, for February, March, and April. As of May 23, the customary date for ATT miles to post, no 1000 miles (for May).

So I waited another week, and called. Was told they would post 6/2/03. Today, called, and now was told 6/16/03.

The phone rep told me laughingly, "Nothing free is ever easy..." Got that one right, pal! I'll wait until 6/20, and if no miles, I'm outta here.

Caveat emptor with these people. They "accidentally" don't enter you in the program, after telling you you'll have to wait 8-12 weeks to see the miles, then you have to make multiple calls to get what should be yours, what they promise to deliver. And after they grudgingly "give" you a lump sum, all the while telling you what a big favor they are doing for you (starting with the SECOND time you register - I registered in December, but even though it was their own fault that they never started me at that point, they started me in February and list my start date as of that month, and consider how many miles you should have earned from THEN, not your initial sign-up date), you'll have to fight for every one of the months remaining.

As I said before, what a scam! This aggravation is NOT worth 5K miles and paying their monthly fee for 8 months. Caveat emptor, indeed!

[This message has been edited by Cat (edited 06-05-2003).]

adamak Jun 6, 2003 5:42 pm

Another update. Still unsuccessful sign up with ATT. Note that my original post is in March, my previous post was 5/13. Today is 6/6, and still shown 'failed' on the website, and when I called the 700 number. Called ATT, they still have no clue. They cannot explain why it failed, and cannot offer any help.

I don't have patience anymore. I think ATT signup program is a scam. If they don't value me as a customer, that's it. And like the old saying, one bad review can offset 10 good ones.

I'm done with ATT FOREVER.

alan32 Jun 17, 2003 7:15 pm

I received the ATT/Delta 5000 mile offer postcard today...came here and read this thread...thru the postcard away

Tenacious Jun 17, 2003 7:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tenacious:
I've had great luck with my sign-up for this program. Miles post on time every month & I'm on a no fee/no minimum plan so I don't even receive a bill; I use www.onesuite.com for my LD calls. I've been using my 1,000 miles each month to get 3 month extensions to my WALL STREET JOURNAL subscription.</font>
I must be the exception, but this has worked out fine for me. My last miles post late this month which means it's time to search out the next mileage LD promo.

hockeystl Jun 19, 2003 7:43 pm

Dial ZERO ZERO (00) and you will hear message stating who your LD provider is.

hockeystl

Samiam Oct 19, 2003 4:35 pm

Figured that I would give AT&T some good publicity for a change and let everyone know that they did everything like they are supposed to. Although they didn't credit me any of the miles until at least $25 had been charged to account. I got miles for the calls, and monthly miles.