Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Phone Programs/Partners > Phones Programs/Partners
Reload this Page >

If I opt for local service, do I lose my wire maintenance service coverage?

Old Feb 24, 04, 6:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Putting aside the issue as to whether one needs this coverage -- we do as we have had the phone company out several times to rix the wiring in our apt building -- do we lose this coverage that is currently offered to us thru our local carrier -- Verizon -- or is it also offered by AT&T?

Thanks for any answers to this question you might have!
Old Feb 24, 04, 7:59 am

A: This is an issue between you and your local phone company.

B: Unless your local phone company is AT&T, Sprint and MCI, I have no idea why you posted this three times.
Old Feb 24, 04, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NJUPINTHEAIR:
Putting aside the issue as to whether one needs this coverage -- we do as we have had the phone company out several times to rix the wiring in our apt building -- do we lose this coverage that is currently offered to us thru our local carrier -- Verizon -- or is it also offered by AT&T?

Thanks for any answers to this question you might have!
</font>
I have AT&T for local service and they do offer wiring covereage however I don't subscribe to it so I can't remember the cost
Old Feb 24, 04, 1:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

socrates:

Thanks very much Socrates! It is one thing for them to tell you over the phone that it is available, it is quite another to be sure that such is available!

Upgrade Me -- I usually agree with your many posts concerning the fact that certain inquiries could easily have been found by a simple search.

In this instance, however, a subscriber to MCI has no reason to respond to a post on the Sprint board, and vice versa, and not everyone uses the link for all the current topics.

So, you are off base on this account, and if you don't like it, well you can.....
Old Feb 24, 04, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NJUPINTHEAIR:
socrates:

Thanks very much Socrates! It is one thing for them to tell you over the phone that it is available, it is quite another to be sure that such is available!

</font>
I would assume the service is probably the same as your RBOC's because I keep receiving junk mail from AT&T offering it to me so I would hope it isn't any worse....

Search this Thread