FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phones Programs/Partners (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/phones-programs-partners-475/)
-   -   Does AT&T have any free plans left? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/phones-programs-partners/197021-does-t-have-any-free-plans-left.html)

Boraxo Jan 11, 2004 5:33 pm

Does AT&T have any free plans left?

Every plan listed at att.com has either a $4.95 monthly fee or a $5 mininum usage charge.

Anybody have a plan that doesn't require any minimum usage or a lower monthly fee? (I make all my LD calls on my cellphone).

Thanks.

DancingFool Jan 12, 2004 7:16 am

Can't you just drop your long distance completely? If you need to, you can always use one of those 10-10 dial around services from your land line.

Tenacious Jan 12, 2004 7:40 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Boraxo:
Every plan listed at att.com has either a $4.95 monthly fee or a $5 mininum usage charge.

Anybody have a plan that doesn't require any minimum usage or a lower monthly fee? (I make all my LD calls on my cellphone).

Thanks.
</font>
Boraxo, I just switched back to AT&T for LD after receiving 10K miles from Sprint. The plan to ask for is the no-monthly fee, no-minimun usage plan that has a 35 cent per call connection fee and calls are 10 cent/min. Last time I was on this plan, I didn't even receive a bill for 6 months and got my 5K Delta miles. Another thought: opt to have your bill mailed directly from AT&T. If you have it added to your local carrier bill, you will be charged $1.50/mo.

Boraxo Jan 12, 2004 11:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DancingFool:
Can't you just drop your long distance completely? If you need to, you can always use one of those 10-10 dial around services from your land line.</font>
I just want the most miles at the lowest cost. I don't use my home phone for long distance since I have free long distance on my cellphone. Ergo, I don't care about the per minute charge - just want a plan with no or low monthly fee.

Tenacious - thanks for the info. That plan would be perfect for me - I guess it is "by request" as I don't see it mentioned on the AT&T site.

Tenacious Jan 12, 2004 11:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Boraxo:

Tenacious - thanks for the info. That plan would be perfect for me - I guess it is "by request" as I don't see it mentioned on the AT&T site.
</font>
You're correct; the no-fee, no-minimum plan is not listed on their website. You can get the miles with ANY available plan, not just the ones listed.

VolleyballFerd Jan 14, 2004 6:55 pm

You can get an additional 1000 Delta miles for signing up for online billing.

Boraxo Feb 3, 2004 4:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tenacious:
Boraxo, I just switched back to AT&T for LD after receiving 10K miles from Sprint. The plan to ask for is the no-monthly fee, no-minimun usage plan that has a 35 cent per call connection fee and calls are 10 cent/min. </font>
Tenacious, thanks for the info. I just switched to AT&T. They offered 5,000 AA miles, I told them that I wanted 10,000 but didn't have the "offer code." Much to my surprise, they didn't argue but simply took the order and confirmed 2,000 mi. x 5 mo. They then asked for some usage data before offering the plan you described, i.e. 35cent connection, 10cent/min, no monthly fee, direct billing.

Hopefully the miles will start posting soon.