FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phones Programs/Partners (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/phones-programs-partners-475/)
-   -   5,000 AA AAdvantage Miles To Sign Up For Local Service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/phones-programs-partners/197014-5-000-aa-aadvantage-miles-sign-up-local-service.html)

chix Oct 20, 2003 2:49 pm

5,000 AA AAdvantage Miles To Sign Up For Local Service

Received a mailing today to call 1-866-249-3755 x 54955 to get 5,000 AA miles + 5 miles per dollar spent each month.

I am very tempted, BUT I know what a hassle ATT can be to get promised bonuses.

However, It's almost an offer too good to refuse because:

1. Could discontinue paying Verizon by E-Check each month

2. Could start paying ATT on mileage earning credit card and get MORE miles

3. Could begin earning miles 5 miles/dollar on local service in addition to long distance

Has anyone here bought into AT&T local?

Experiences on rates and if they are competitive?

NJUPINTHEAIR Oct 20, 2003 4:00 pm

Chix,

Do you have ATT long distance service?

I, too, would like to take advantage of either service, but am leery because of miles not posting.

chix Oct 21, 2003 5:54 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NJUPINTHEAIR:
Chix,

Do you have ATT long distance service?

I, too, would like to take advantage of either service, but am leery because of miles not posting.
</font>

Yes, I have long dist. w/ATT & cell. They are a pain to deal with.

yyyccclll Oct 21, 2003 10:55 am

Just talk to ATT rep:

If you are existing customer, you can only get 2000 aa miles. 5000 miles apply to new customers only.

Madgalena Oct 21, 2003 11:23 am

I find ATT long distance to be less of a pain to deal with than the others: You don't have to grovel or call twenty times to get your switch fee refunded (it just appears on your first bill), they don't charge frequent flier excise taxes from what I can tell (10,000 miles with Sprint will add $10 to your bill), and I actually find their automated system to be quite painless and sort of sophisticated. So, yes, a pain, but comparatively less of one. I posted the other day that I have my miles posting unbelievably quickly with zero followups. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I would stress very strongly to sign up over the phone with a person and not online.

cesco.g Oct 24, 2003 1:12 pm

I switched to ATT Long Distance 6 months ago and the 5K miles posted without a hitch in my AA account.

Calling about this offer for loaal the agent confirmed, it is another 5K miles. I signed up for it toady, so let's see.

TunaTacos Oct 24, 2003 3:21 pm

I received a mailing today as well from AT&T, however, mine was for 5,000 bonus miles for Continental, to switch to local service, since my long distance is in that loyalty program.

1-800-532-8892
Promo Code: 53620

By November 15, 2003

** Must be an AT&T residential long distance subscriber currently, to sign up for AT&T local seervice.

When I signed up for AT&T long distance, my 5,000 bonus points were credited to my account with no problem as well. In fact, my cellular phone bonuses also with AT&T were also promptly credited too. I have never had a problem with them at all.

chix Nov 2, 2003 5:57 am

Well, I decided to take the AT&T local plunge. Call the number and despite the fact they solicited me, I am being told they don't have local service in my area.

There should be a law against this.

Madgalena Nov 2, 2003 4:56 pm

So I caved and signed up for online billing last week for an extra 1000 miles. The miles were in my CO account 4 days later. Unbelievable. I am thrilled.