Search

FCC is investigating

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2000, 3:21 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA2MM
FCC is investigating

Well, well, what a surprise I got in the mail today. Back in May I filed a complaint with the FCC against AT&T due to problems with the posting of BA miles for AT&T service. (Many of you had problems with this.) Today, I received a letter from AT&T that the FCC has directed them to investigate the problems.

I plan on providing the FCC with additional information on what has happened since May. I'm more than happy to include the names/information of any of you who still have not resolved your problems with AT&T. Please email me within the next several days with your info.
Old Aug 29, 2000, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice news! It took me over a year to get 2000 mi from AT & T. They used the Geraldine pitch over and over and also all of the below too:

-no record of the offer*
-you were awarded those*
-offer has expired*
-offer was 1000 mi*
-no record of your airline ff number*
-etc

I got the miles 8 months after switching to a new carrier. After this I put AT & T into the DO NOT CONSIDER USING BEFORE FIVE (5) YEARS category. My normal span for companies who try to screw me is six (6) months. These clowns set a new record.
Old Sep 1, 2000, 12:41 pm

I've been trying to resolve this with ATT for 10 months. Despite 2 complaints to the FCC and about 10 letters/calls to ATT, no response. So, 2 weeks ago, I filed a complaint online with ATT. Here's their response. Completely USELESS!

Dear XXXX XXXX,

I apologize that you have not received your points for the Global Travel British
Airways Executive Club Miles Program.

I am unable to assist you with this program via e-mail. You will need to
contact 1-800-532-8400 during regular business hours for assistance.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you need further assistance, please contact us at:
http://www.att.com/write

For your protection, an original of this electronic mail transmission is being
maintained in a secure file by AT&T.

Sincerely,

Kimberly
AT&T Online Customer Service

Old Sep 1, 2000, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Next week I am relocating from DE to PA. The only LD telephone company I WILL NOT CONSIDER is the non-nice AT&T for the reasons listed above (and the 5 years are not up yet).
Old Sep 1, 2000, 3:35 pm

Carberry: I did the same as you, and got the same response. I then fired back another nastygram and got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting AT&T Online Customer Service.

I sincerely apologize for any problems you may have encountered surrounding your
British Airways Miles.

Unfortunately, this office has no access to your account information. I have
located an alternate contact number that may be able to provide you assistance.
This number is 1-800-532-8400.

I again apologize for any inconvenience this matter may be causing you.

You are a valued customer and we appreciate your business. If you need further
assistance, please contact us at:
http://www.att.com/write

For your protection, an original of this electronic mail transmission is being
maintained in a secure file by AT&T.

Sincerely,

Tom
AT&T Online Customer Service
Old Sep 3, 2000, 10:04 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I suppose ATT still has 4 years to go on my list. I signed up for an offer where I would get 7500 Hilton HHonor points. Only 3000 posted, After a year of trying with ATT to resolve this, I appealed to Hilton who offered a compromise of 3000 additional points. So, I ended up getting 6000 total and decided to give up trying to get blood from the ATT turnip.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old Sep 5, 2000, 11:28 am

I also had trouble with AT&T - never received 5,000 BA bonus miles etc.

But MCI is not better - same problems with them (SkyMiles not posted).

I have 4 lines - 3 are now without long distance service. The only other company is Sprint, and they have only Northworst, Alaska and Virgin Atlantic as airline partners, which I don't need.
Old Sep 5, 2000, 6:56 pm

I don't get it. For some reason, I have had nothing but good service from the mile offering LD companies, including miles posting on time and as promised. Hopefully reading your horror stories won't give me bad luck.

I wish the best of luck to all of you in resolving your problems.
Old Sep 5, 2000, 8:36 pm

USAFAN,

I encourage you to file a complaint with the FCC (someone listed a link either above or on a recent thread - it can be done electronically). It takes only 3 min and will help all of us (hopefully) get our miles if the FCC will investigate.

Carberry
Old Sep 6, 2000, 7:51 am

I am not going to inform FCC.
In another case (magazines) I informed Florida Attorney General, got some letters but no results.

BTW I did not call AT&T regarding the 5,000 BA bonus points. I just cancelled.
Old Sep 6, 2000, 3:05 pm
dg1

It took me seven months and fifteen phone calls to get 10,000 AT&T Marriott Rewards bonus points. The first three months they setup my account wrong. Then the next four months they told me I wasn't entitled to 10,000 points. It posted the day I left AT&T for MCI. Hmm.

I've had some problems with MCI too, but they were resolved after one phone call.. but IMHO next time I'm going for the 'cash first, switch later' type deals... it's not worth the hassle.
Old Sep 6, 2000, 4:56 pm
Suspended

If you're not going to take action about it then stop complaining about it.
Old Nov 15, 2000, 8:47 am

I am having problems getting ATT to post 5,000 Marriott Rewards points.

What is the FCC address to write and what success have folks had after writing to the FCC?

Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2000, 11:14 am

As the prior posts have shown, e-mails to generic customer service desks and calls to a company's 800-number are frequently useless.

I would suggest the following: Write a letter including your documentation and send it to a high-level exec at AT&T with a copy to the airline's counterpart (names and addresses are available on the company's SEC documents, such as a 10-K).

This technique has generated thousands of dollars for me, especially from airlines. It is especially potent when you send the letter to an exec's home address.
Old Nov 15, 2000, 11:20 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA2MM
Here's the addy for the FCC consumer complaint form: http://www.fcc.gov/cib/ccformpage.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.