Wiki Posts
Search

LAN Ticket purchase - Peru site

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2009, 11:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

LAN Ticket purchase - Peru site

I am trying to purchase a ticket from LIM to CUZ. If I go to the US LAN site, the fare is well over $400. If I enter the Peruvian site, the fare drops to $91.

With my rudimentary spanish, the Peruvian site is letting me get to the final page and then it rejects my US visa card as it is not a "Peruvian Verified by Visa" card. Anyway around this?

It creates a locator for the trip so it is taking the reservation, unfortunately it is not taking payment

Thank you for your help.
Old May 18, 2009, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Try saving the reservation, then call LAN. Please let us know the result. Gladly pay the phone ticketing fee
Old May 23, 2009, 9:15 am

I followed advice on the TA forum and worked like a charm. Join the LAN FF club online. on the Peru site This enables you to book and hold a reservation. Then call LAN and give your cc info on the phone. With all my info-- US passport number and US address and US cc number it worked fine. I was not giving false info and the airline was aware of my non-peruvian citizenship. I was a little nervous at the airport since I had heard rumors that the tix may not be honored but I had a BP and easy checkin March 2009

Good luck
Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:51 am

Programs: AA EP and former UA 1K
Originally Posted by naxos
I followed advice on the TA forum and worked like a charm. Join the LAN FF club online. on the Peru site This enables you to book and hold a reservation. Then call LAN and give your cc info on the phone. With all my info-- US passport number and US address and US cc number it worked fine. I was not giving false info and the airline was aware of my non-peruvian citizenship. I was a little nervous at the airport since I had heard rumors that the tix may not be honored but I had a BP and easy checkin March 2009

Good luck
I got the same error yesterday. Maybe I should have searched here first. Anyway I'll try the same and thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.