Lima, Peru airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lima, Peru airport

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, UAL Executive Premier
Lima, Peru airport

My wife and I will be flying to Lima on Lan Peru, using (AA) miles, in Business Class. In addition, I am an Admiral's Club member. My question, then: Is there an airline club at LIM for which I have eligibility?
Old Jan 28, 2007, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I only know of one lounge there - it is a shared lounge, which since LAN uses it, I imagine it is the same one AA uses. You will get an invitiation at check-in. It is a perfectly ok lounge - one caveat - I ordered a drink, and when I ordered the 2d one, I was asked to pay, and told that guests only receive 1 complimentary drink. No one tells you this until you order the next drink. LIM has a new airport, which even if you had to wait w/o lounge in the general area is about 10000% better than what was there a few years ago - the airport was a certified 3d world pit. Now, it is a pleasant place.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 3:39 am

Programs: CO Platinum
Yes, the airport is vastly improved, and yes they charge for the second drink on. When me and my buddy heard this we walked over to the duty free and purchased a bottle of Jack, returned to the club and helped ourselves to as many free cokes as we needed
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, UAL Executive Premier
Thank you Eastbay1K and Russell345. In my case, the second helping (and beyond) is likely to come from the wine purchased in Duty Free.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VL83
Thank you Eastbay1K and Russell345. In my case, the second helping (and beyond) is likely to come from the wine purchased in Duty Free.
Don't forget that if you are flying TO the US, your duty free liquids will be delivered to the plane - you can't carry them with you.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 2:43 am

Programs: CO Platinum
Not in Lima (not last May anyway).
Could be different now though.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:42 am

Programs: UA Platinum
I have not been to Peru in probably 6-8 months, but the last time through I was able to bring my duty free liquor purchases with me when I left the store. Is this something new?????
Old Jan 30, 2007, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rockdoc
I have not been to Peru in probably 6-8 months, but the last time through I was able to bring my duty free liquor purchases with me when I left the store. Is this something new?????
Since the US "liquids ban" (which was early August, no?) you can't hand-carry liquids onto the plane. Duty Free delivered to the plane is an exception. I haven't tried to buy anything there recently (and was only in the terminal recently on a southbound to Chile flight), but this seems to be the rule with all airports/terminals with flights to the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.