Search

Peru Updates Travel Requirements - Vaccine Exemption from Testing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Peru Updates Travel Requirements - Vaccine Exemption from Testing

I received this message from Delta on behalf of LATAM:
Effective September 6, Peru will require all Peruvians, resident foreigners, and non-resident foreigners regardless of their country of origin to provide a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued within 72 hours before departure (eliminating the option for a negative COVID-19 antigen test). Passengers who have received two COVID-19 vaccine doses are exempt from providing a negative test result. Children under the age of 12 will not be required to present a negative test result, but are required to present a medical certificate of good health.
Passengers traveling to Peru must fill out an Affidavit of Health Geolocation Authorization within 72 hours before departure.
SanDiego1K and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 6:55 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
The only thing is that the Affidavit still says travellers need a PCR test taken 72 hrs before. I'm hoping they'll update the text soon.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 1:20 pm

Where do I start on my journey?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Iberia are now saying up to the 19th Sept you just need a vaccination certificate but effective 20 Sept you need BOTH a vaccination certificate AND a negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours AND the affidavit. Anyone know if this is correct?

I've just read the latest decree it does look like it.
Los peruanos, extranjeros residentes, y extranjeros no residentes cuyo destino final sea el territorio nacional, en calidad de pasajeros e independientemente del país de procedencia, deben contar con una prueba molecular negativa con fecha de resultado no mayor a 72 horas antes de abordar en su punto de origen y haber completado las respectivas dosis de vacunas según las exigencias del país donde se vacunó. Aquellas personas que muestren síntomas al ingresar a territorio nacional ingresan a aislamiento obligatorio, según regulaciones sobre la materia.

Peruvians, resident foreigners, and non-resident foreigners whose final destination is the national territory, as passengers and regardless of the country of origin, must have a negative molecular test with a result date no longer than 72 hours before boarding their point of origin and have completed the respective doses of vaccines according to the requirements of the country where they were vaccinated.

Last edited by tinkicker; Sep 19, 2021 at 12:57 pm Reason: update info
Old Sep 19, 2021, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
I saw the same on LATAM’s web site:

Effective 20 September 2021, only passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before departure, and passengers younger than 12 years will be allowed to enter.

Additionally, all passengers must present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR conducted within 72 hours prior to the travel date.

Keep in mind:
  • The vaccination certificate applies to all passengers older than 12 years old, regardless of nationality or residence.
  • The RT-PCR test is mandatory requirement and additional to the vaccination certificate.
Deckter likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:45 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
This is a very irresponsible and annoying situation because the official published information is above but the Health Ministry is trying to save face and has stated that they won't be requiring the vaccine "unless you are traveling from a country that has over 70% vaccination rate -- which is probably only Chile and Uruguay?" It's still not the official government information as it should be published in a NORMA OFICIAL, I would expect another modification soon.

There are 2 updates with different details mentioned...
https://www.latam.com/es_pe/prensa/c...de-septiembre/
https://www.latam.com/es_pe/prensa/c...greso-al-Peru/

anyway, as of today at least, negative PCR test is mandatory for those over 12
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by andreadbc

anyway, as of today at least, negative PCR test is mandatory for those over 12
PCR or RT-PCR?

My understanding is the latter is the requirement.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:42 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by dsquared37
PCR or RT-PCR?

My understanding is the latter is the requirement.
the decree just states "prueba molecular", but airlines clarify that it is RT-PCR, results within 72h of first flight departure. No more vaccine exemption at the moment.

this site -> VUELA FACIL is useful for updated requirements.
Deckter, tinkicker and dsquared37 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.