Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

How early do I need to check in at Lima airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

I have an international flight LIM-PTY by CM. How long in advance do I need to check in?

I just saw a youtube video of an international flight from Cusco, they checked in less than 3 hours, and didn't get their baggage. They need to check in >3hr. Not sure if that's the case in Lima too?
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:30 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
I usually check in 2.5 hours and never had any problem. That lost baggage case may be any mistake.
In my opinion the main issue is to get to the airport. If I have to be at the airport at peak hours, specially evening, even at 10pm, I consider 90 minutes of taxi ride from Miraflores to the airport. It can be faster but you never know. Traffic is unpredictable in Lima.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Villavic
I usually check in 2.5 hours and never had any problem. That lost baggage case may be any mistake.
In my opinion the main issue is to get to the airport. If I have to be at the airport at peak hours, specially evening, even at 10pm, I consider 90 minutes of taxi ride from Miraflores to the airport. It can be faster but you never know. Traffic is unpredictable in Lima.
Thanks Villavic! From your experience, how is the traffic at 5pm on a typical Sunday from Miraflores to airport?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:54 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by behyx
Thanks Villavic! From your experience, how is the traffic at 5pm on a typical Sunday from Miraflores to airport?
Sunday morning is the paradise! Silent and very few cars. But 5pm you can find more traffic, though far less than weekdays. I'd calculate 1 hour from Miraflores.
behyx likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:54 pm
Suspended

International flights can take 2 - 3 hours. Be care!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.