Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Best Lima Airport Hotel

Best Lima Airport Hotel

Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Best Lima Airport Hotel

Arriving at 11 PM in late August and fly to Cusco the next day at 1030 AM. Which hotel would pick between the Wyndham Costa del Sol Lima Airport and Holiday Inn Lima Airport?

From what I can tell, the Holiday inn is newer and less expensive but requires a shuttle.

Can anyone comment on the differences to think about for the two hotels? How is breakfast?
Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
I've stayed at the Costa del Sol a couple of times, and never at the Holiday Inn. The Costa del Sol is nothing special and I recall being shocked at the price, so my recommendation would be to shuttle it over to the Holiday Inn.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Don't make the mistake of staying in Miraflores. Traffic is terrible in the morning.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Yeah the reviews aren't great for the Wyndham but I haven't heard from anyone that actually stayed at the Holiday Inn.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
The Holiday Inn scores 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor based on 161 reviews, vs. 3.5 for the Costa del Sol based on almost 2,500 reviews, if that helps. (You'll find them both easily if you search in Callao rather than Lima.)

Mind you, I've learned not always to trust TripAdvisor!
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by Siempre Viajando
I've stayed at the Costa del Sol a couple of times, and never at the Holiday Inn. The Costa del Sol is nothing special and I recall being shocked at the price, so my recommendation would be to shuttle it over to the Holiday Inn.
I've never stayed at the new Holiday Inn either. But, unless I'm reading the map wrong, it's directly across Ave. Elmer Faucett fronting the Lima airport. You can cross the bridge, and you're there. Seems a little overkill to wait for a shuttle when it can't be more than a 5 minute walk. The areas may not be the best, but I wouldn't think twice about walking it.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:35 pm

I've read that Wyndham is not pretty good, In fact, I know someone who stayed there and did not like it much. But I've also heard good opinions about Holiday Inn
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
The Wyhdham is overpriced but is nearer the terminal building. Stayed there a couple of times in the last 12 months . I will try the Holiday Inn next time if i arrrive in daylight , . But at night the wyndham will be the choice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.