Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi from Cusco Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
Taxi from Cusco Airport

Does anyone have information on the current cost of a taxi from Cusco airport into the city? I know there is an official taxi booth inside the airport - I used them once to get to Pisac but they charged x3 the going rate. At the same time I don't want to find myself in one of the many unsafe/unscrupulous cabs that are common in Cusco.

Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Use taxidatum.com in Cusco - book online ahead of time. You can email them if you have any questions. Much better than a regular taxi. I use them all the time in Lima, but they also operate in Cusco.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:15 pm

Haven't done airport to city, but city to airport was the equivalent of $6-7 USD if i remember correctly, definitely less than $10.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by B407
Haven't done airport to city, but city to airport was the equivalent of $6-7 USD if i remember correctly, definitely less than $10.
Yeah but that's not the issue. It's easy to get your hotel in Cusco to find you a safe, reliable taxi to the airport. The problem is getting from the airport into the city. The "official" taxi counter at the airport knows that it has you by the short & curlies and charges accordingly. There are a lot of unlicensed taxis at the airport just waiting for some tired tourists to jump in their cab so that they can be robbed. I'm not being paranoid - I've met people who have had bad experiences with Cusco taxis and many hotels have warned me to have them arrange for the taxi.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:33 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,
I was assuming that Uber is available from Cusco airport to the city, is this not the case? If this is, I will most probably just use the service recommneded by rubesl.

Cheers!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,
I was assuming that Uber is available from Cusco airport to the city, is this not the case? If this is, I will most probably just use the service recommneded by rubesl.

Cheers!
Deffo available, used a few times in the past. Although I kinda disagree with taxi's robbing people in Cusco, maybe it's cause I'm from Latin America but I've never been robbed or anything similar in CUZ.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:46 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just to add my experience. I decided from the airport to the HGI to book a ride with taxidatum. It was 20 PEN and the driver was waiting for me. Very good professional service.
For the experience back from HGI to the airport, I just ordered Uber, and it stated it will be around 13-16 PEN, and was charged 15PEN. Another friend who arrived early and had to leave early in the morning, paid around 13 PEN for the trip to/from the airport.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.