Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Current State of SUMAQ Lounge with VIP Closed?

Current State of SUMAQ Lounge with VIP Closed?

Old Jul 20, 19, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold
I agree with you gandalf29. Much more seating in the renovated Sumaq. No line up when I entered during the usual midnight rush. Two areas of food service. Food is horrid (for Perú), though. One is better off stopping at Tanta to eat/snack prior to going through passport control. If I remember correctly, Sumaq used to have an outside seating area. That appears to be gone. There is a new small room with 5 cubicles containing flat benches to sleep on. These were all taken, but look great. Very quiet in there as well. There are also a few shower rooms. The bar area is still there. And best of all, the fresh orange juice machines are still there!
Old Jul 29, 19, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM
Was invited to SUMAQ on a Delta business class award fare to Atlanta. No line at 10 PM on a Friday, but the line for HANAQ was very long. SUMAQ was very nice, one of the better lounges I've used. I didn't have any food, but plenty of beverages and the bartender was a pro. I only had one drink, not sure if there's a cap on # of drinks as I didn't want to get tossed before trying to get a few hours of sleep on the 1 AM redeye and was still a bit hungover from the night before.
Old Aug 13, 19, 7:46 am
mhy

Programs: JAL Diamond / Oneworld Emerald
Just used SUMAQ lounge a few days ago. Very spacious and not crowded (yet) at 8pm when I arrived at the airport. It got more and more crowded as the time approached midnight, but I don't think it got to 100% full.

The food is meh, drinks are OK, seating is nice. Didn't get to use the showers or other facilities.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: