Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Cusco Airport to Bus Station timing

Old Feb 8, 18, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Hilton, Best Western, SPG, Omni, Southwest, United

Taking an early morning flight LIM-CUZ arriving CUZ at 6:40 am. Thinking about taking the 7:30 am Peru Rail Bus/Train service to Machu Picchu to spend the night at the Sanctuary Lodge for our anniversary. Unsure if this is enough time to get our checked luggage, and still to get to the bus station in Cusco by 7:30. If not, what would be some other options? This will be the first week in March, and unfortunately, the train portion starts in Olantaytamboo, not Cusco. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 9, 18, 8:01 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Deleted
Old Feb 9, 18, 9:39 am

I would probably say no, if you have checked luggage. Carry-on only you might make it if the flight lands on time, but it will be tight. Also weather can be unpredictable at CUZ so delays are not uncommon.

There is a lot of frequency of LIM-CUZ, I would either take an earlier flight if there is one, or arrive the night before or take a later bus.
Old Nov 21, 18, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, HH Gold, MR Plat, IHG Spire, National EE, Hertz PC
I was thinking of doing the same thing, carry-on only flying on the first AV flight LIM-CUZ scheduled to arrive Sunday morning at 7:30 and taking the bus departing 9:10. This doesn't seem extremely ambitious to me, but I've never been to Peru so I have no idea. Thoughts?
Old Nov 21, 18, 7:05 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Cuzco is worth a day or two IMHO.

And for me, not worth the stress - I'd just spend the night before the train (/bus) trip.
Santander likes this.

Search this Thread