Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Miraflores Hotels

Miraflores Hotels

Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Miraflores Hotels

Having trouble finding accommodations with my usual go to places (Marriott, SPG, Hilton all seem to be booked up that week.) in Miraflores the week of the 8th April 2018. Guessing there is an event going on at that time??

Anyways, looking for recommendations on alternative properties in the Miraflores area.

thanks.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I stayed at the IHG Crowne Plaza in March, very nice. Also, did you try AirBnB?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
Try San Isidro

There are a bunch of good hotels, including the Swissotel, Atton, Novotel and Westin, in San Isidro, which is for the most part a nicer district than Miraflores with better restaurants. And if your business is in Miraflores, San Isidro is only a short cab ride away, even when the traffic is nasty (which is most of the time, these days).
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rubesl
thanks i'll look into Crowne. maybe their international properties are better. I've only stayed in two in the US and both were pretty run down. only staying for about 4 nights so I would prefer to stick to hotels and not vacation rentals. thanks tho!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Siempre Viajando
There are a bunch of good hotels, including the Swissotel, Atton, Novotel and Westin, in San Isidro, which is for the most part a nicer district than Miraflores with better restaurants. And if your business is in Miraflores, San Isidro is only a short cab ride away, even when the traffic is nasty (which is most of the time, these days).
oh didn't know about San Isidro ^ . This is just stopover on our way to Ecuador, so we are looking for a safe area, do some tourist-y things and have a few good meals. I'm not that familiar with the areas in Lima.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Try Barranco area as well. Its a more hipstery place with a lot of places to eat, drink and hang out.

We stayed in a boutique hotel in Miraflores near Kennedy Park (4-5 blocks). Its called Pucllana Lodge Bed & Breakfast. (I am not sure forum rules allow me to link it directly)
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:47 am
Original Poster

thanks for the pointers everyone. I ended up getting a room here:

Was about to go with the Atton in San Isidro ($170 + tax per night) but happened to remember that I had a nice chuck of IHG points from a CC bonus which I never get to use since I'm not big of their properties (in the US). Crowne was $350 a night but with a cash & points booking came out to $180 total for 4 nights.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
You'll like the Crowne Plaza, and it's a nice walk from there to the waterfront where there's a huge shopping area with lots of restaurants.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:30 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by dascc
the week of the 8th April 2018. Guessing there is an event going on at that time??
Cumbre de las Américas 2018 - April 13th-14th ?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dascc
Having trouble finding accommodations with my usual go to places (Marriott, SPG, Hilton all seem to be booked up that week.) in Miraflores the week of the 8th April 2018. Guessing there is an event going on at that time??

Anyways, looking for recommendations on alternative properties in the Miraflores area.

thanks.
I recommend the Doubletree El Pardo, excellent location, friendly service. Also well located, full service and less expensive is the San Agustin, just a couple of blocks from Parque Kennedy,
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
You'll like the Crowne Plaza, and it's a nice walk from there to the waterfront where there's a huge shopping area with lots of restaurants.
Larcomar. Don't miss the Indian market nearby, and for a hands-on culinary experience, SkyKitchen. Check their website. Fun, great folks and a great learning three hours. Do it with the pre-cooking shopping at the colorful marketplace. If you have a half- or full day, visit Finca Los Ficus, great Peruvian Paso Fino horse show (you can ride) and excellent Peruvian outdoor lunch in an authentic hacienda.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.