Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Peru itinerary 13 days

Peru itinerary 13 days

Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Peru itinerary 13 days

Please suggest or recommend itinerary and sightseeing for full 13-days trip in Peru. Start and finish in Lima. Possible places to visit Lima, Machu Picchu, Sacred Valley, Cusco, maybe Puno, Arequipa, some nice place where can spend couple of days surfing and relaxing.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:06 am

Hello,

I did a similar trip in the New Year.
We wanted to see the jungle so we did as below:
Lima
Lima - Iquitos
Iquitos 4 days
Iquitos to Cusco
Cusco and around for 3 days including train to MP
Train from Cusco to Puno but just for the overnight and then flew to Lima
4 days in Lima including an overnight trip to Paracas.

If I could do it over I would do as follow:
Lima
fly to Cusco
Cusco, Sacred Valley Machu Picchu
Train or tourist bus to Puno
Lake Titicaca
overnight bus Puno to Arequipa
Arequipa and Colca Canyon
fly Arequipa to Lima

Or you can do it in reverse and fly to Arequipa at the start. You have time for all these places in 13 days.

For surfing and relaxing, there are good waves in the south of Lima, you can sleep over in Paracas and do the Ica excursion too.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Where are you flying in from? This will help plan for time zone adjustment/jet lag?
When do you arrive in Lima?
When do you depart from Lima?

Are you traveling with someone/group/alone?
Beyond surfing is there any activities you enjoy?
Are you food centric?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Where are you flying in from? This will help plan for time zone adjustment/jet lag?
When do you arrive in Lima?
When do you depart from Lima?

Are you traveling with someone/group/alone?
Beyond surfing is there any activities you enjoy?
Are you food centric?
Flying from Europe.
Arrive in Lima at 15:00, 16 November and depart from Lima at 10.00, 30 November. Total 13 full days.

I will travel with family (wife and and baby). So that way I want to understand what might be my itinerary and what should be excluded from it.
You can suggest any activities. Both for adults individually and for family together. Interested objects and sights in nature, also in city. Less interested in museums and similar things. Likes to taste a variety of local dishes.

Please suggest how many days would be advisable to spend at the particular place.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
With a wife and baby in tow I'd plan the first 2-4 days in Lima to help with the time change. Lima is a bustling city with lots going on and lots to offer but I'd mostly suggest you stay in the Miraflores district or Magdalena del Mar for hotel/apartment comfort and easy getting around with the family. You'll get the whole beach area relaxation and surfing abilities. The food scene in Lima is very interesting. Peruvian and Asia (primarily Chinese, food fusions are rather common as Peru has a history of Asian immigration over the past 100 years or so. The ceviche has never failed me.
Maryland spelled out some good basic itineraries. The train from Cusco to MP & then on to Puno is a good long but nice ride. Good experience for everyone and the rocking of the train helps with the little one. Review the rules and such for getting into MP as I think there have been some changes recently.
In Cusco, the elevation can affect people differently. If you can spend a few days there it's worth it as it's a nice little city with lots of cultural experience options from chocolate making classes which my nephew really liked.
When you've figured out a itinerary you'd like come back and share it and others can give pointers on what not to miss when you're there.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Which is the cheapest domestic airline for foreigners with baggage in november for flights between Lima-Cusco, Arequipa-Lima. There are some possible options - Star Peru, TACA, Peruvian Airlines, LC Peru, LATAM. Flight tickets for foreigners are more expensive than inhabitants, whatever airline I will choose? It isn't possible to buy tickets for inhabitants prices because at the airport it will be checked.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:34 am

The airline will check and you will be charged the difference between what you paid and quite possibly the fare that day which will cost you a lot.

LAN & TACA/Avianca are full service airlines. Peruvian, LC, & Star follow more the LCC model. Each will have different baggage offerings and fees. I'd start with checking out the fares on sites such as Google.com/flights, check the baggage offering and verify it is a public fare (for international travelers).
Old Sep 1, 2017, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
The airline will check and you will be charged the difference between what you paid and quite possibly the fare that day which will cost you a lot.

LAN & TACA/Avianca are full service airlines. Peruvian, LC, & Star follow more the LCC model. Each will have different baggage offerings and fees. I'd start with checking out the fares on sites such as Google.com/flights, check the baggage offering and verify it is a public fare (for international travelers).
When is the best time to buy tickets? How long time before usually are the cheapest tickets? Last-minute tickets are more expensive?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:13 pm

There is no set time which is best. It depends on a lot of variables such as when you're traveling, time of day, how many tickets, direction of travel, ect ect. You'll want to book 3-9 months out but there isn't a way for someone to say when in between you'll get the cheapest price. Look for a deal that you deem to be acceptable for your needs.

Yes, generally last minute tickets are expensive.

Originally Posted by kripshis
When is the best time to buy tickets? How long time before usually are the cheapest tickets? Last-minute tickets are more expensive?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.