Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

LIM 24-hour layover NYE

LIM 24-hour layover NYE

Old Jul 7, 17, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
LIM 24-hour layover NYE

Hi Folks,

Looking for any advice/recommendations on how crazy a 24-hour lay over in Lima would be on NYE. Have some flights booked that priced out favorably. Now just need to decide if I should pull the trigger.

Would arrive 12/31 in the morning and leave 1/1 around noon. Research seems to show there are lots of fireworks in the Miraflores neighborhood and it seems to be the fun place to be in the evening.

Had been eyeing the Westin but seems like the JW may make slightly more sense in terms of going out for the night.

Any other thoughts if this would be a fun night or just insane would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 8, 17, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in March - it's about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the waterfront. I recommend taxidatum.com to get from LIM to Miaflores, $20 each way & you can set up ahead of time to avoid the touts at LIM. Keep in mind, traffic to get to/from Miaflores is horroble, so allow plenty of time to get back to LIM.
Old Jul 8, 17, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier 50K elite, EY silver, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, AA/UA (and CO,NW) once gold now dirt.
Miraflores is generally the best area to stay, though I assume you've either got points or money is not much of an impediment if considering the JW, which can't be cheap on a night like that. I usually go for something near Larco Ave. and usually end up closer to Parque Kennedy than Larcomar, but that's the general area u want.

Food is really excellent in Lima, though I dunno what NYE does as far as crowds go.
Old Jul 8, 17, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by RustyC View Post
Miraflores is generally the best area to stay, though I assume you've either got points or money is not much of an impediment if considering the JW, which can't be cheap on a night like that. I usually go for something near Larco Ave. and usually end up closer to Parque Kennedy than Larcomar, but that's the general area u want.

Food is really excellent in Lima, though I dunno what NYE does as far as crowds go.
The historic center of Lima does an event in the square for NYE from what I can remember. The crowds aren't too thick around Parque Kennedy. Pizza alley/street next to Parque Kennedy is full of nightclubs and bars that will be very busy for NYE. We went there one year for NYE and it was a good time. Then you have the bars in Barranco which would be fun as well. If you stay at the JW or a hotel near Larcomar you can go to one of the restaurants at the mall and then to Aura nightclub.

Peruvians love their fireworks. I believe Christmas eve might have more fireworks, but NYE should be a good time even if you aren't next to the water.

Popular video showcasing the NYE neighborhood fireworks:

Search this Thread