Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Sports Bars in Lima

Sports Bars in Lima

Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nada!
Sports Bars in Lima

I've got a long layover in Lima on Saturday and would like to watch the Alabama/LSU game? Any sports bars in Lima that might have this on?

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
Suggestion

You are not likely to find a sports bar showing a college football game live on a Saturday in Lima. Not saying it's impossible, but most Peruvians are much less interested in American football than in international football, aka soccer.

Rather than wasting your time on a ball game, why not see something of Lima? A long layover on a Saturday should be plenty of time to grab a taxi into one of the nicer parts of the city (Miraflores, San Isidro, Surco, ...) to enjoy a seafood lunch at one of the numerous cebicheras in town. Peruvian cuisine is fantastic and beats an American football game in a sports bar any time, IMHO!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by Siempre Viajando
You are not likely to find a sports bar showing a college football game live on a Saturday in Lima. Not saying it's impossible, but most Peruvians are much less interested in American football than in international football, aka soccer.

Rather than wasting your time on a ball game, why not see something of Lima? A long layover on a Saturday should be plenty of time to grab a taxi into one of the nicer parts of the city (Miraflores, San Isidro, Surco, ...) to enjoy a seafood lunch at one of the numerous cebicheras in town. Peruvian cuisine is fantastic and beats an American football game in a sports bar any time, IMHO!
doesn't beat getting ceviche WHILE watching a game.....
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Section 107
doesn't beat getting ceviche WHILE watching a game.....
Ummm, maybe not, but I can guarantee you that sports bars in Lima don't serve good ceviche, and good luck finding a decent seafood restaurant offering NCAA football live on a Saturday. I was at one of the better places in town last week (Pescados Capitales, in Chacarilla) and they had live football on, but it wasn't the American variety...
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nada!
I ate ceviche all week and spend Saturday wandering around Lima. And there is a bar called The Corner in Miraflores which shows NCAA and NFL football. It was very crowded on Saturday night but no ceviche.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:18 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Some restaurants have TVs and show soccer games. Maybe some Friday's or Chili's show american football, though I guess you won't look for that kind of food while you are in Peru.

Besides that's not a guarantee they will show an american game even if they have ESPN or similar. Cause if there's an important soccer local game, or an european one (Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc.), guys will kill you if you try to change the channel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.