FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Peru (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/peru-710/)
-   -   Intl-intl connection in Lima airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/peru/1794785-intl-intl-connection-lima-airport.html)

Jav2010 Oct 5, 2016 4:38 am

Intl-intl connection in Lima airport

I arrive at 11pm, departing 1:30am, but departure is on a different ticket and airline and will need to checkin with Lan for it. I would rather connect without having to do immigration...I remeber once i had a missed international connection in Lima and ended at a Lan counter in the international area that could rebook me. Can i use it to checkin for my flight? Can someone remind me how to get there, is it after the security check for connecting international passengers or before it?

Thanks!

LondonElite Oct 5, 2016 5:56 am

I don't know about Lima airport in particular, but if you're on two tickets you don't have a connection but rather two unrelated flights. If you have checked luggage I don't see how you can avoid immigration and then rechecking bags. If you miss your flight you'll have to burly a new ticket. A 2.5 hour window seems pretty risky to me. Good luck.

Jav2010 Oct 5, 2016 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 27305477)
I don't know about Lima airport in particular, but if you're on two tickets you don't have a connection but rather two unrelated flights. If you have checked luggage I don't see how you can avoid immigration and then rechecking bags. If you miss your flight you'll have to burly a new ticket. A 2.5 hour window seems pretty risky to me. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I have no checked luggage, just carryon. I understand they are unrelated, but my question is if there is a way for me to get the boarding pass for the flight from Lima to the US within the international transit sector, to avoid the process of immigration to get to the checkin counter :(

LondonElite Oct 6, 2016 2:21 am

I'm probably not much help to you, since I can't speak for Lima specifically, but most airports segregate arriving and departing passengers to some degree (so having a boarding pass in hand may not relieve you of the requirement to clear immigration and/or security checks). I'm sure someone will come along and give you the answer you need.

krazykanuck Oct 6, 2016 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jav2010 (Post 27309168)
Thanks for the reply. I have no checked luggage, just carryon. I understand they are unrelated, but my question is if there is a way for me to get the boarding pass for the flight from Lima to the US within the international transit sector, to avoid the process of immigration to get to the checkin counter :(

I don't think there is a way to do this... I was in LIM a month ago but I was doing an INTL to domestic connection on separate tickets. I didn't see anywhere to avoid customs or see a transfer desk. Granted I was tired and far under caffeinated, but still. If you hustle you have a decent chance of making it. LIM is a relatively small airport, so book it straight from immigration to the check in desks, security guards will want to see your passport upon entrance to the check in area, and go from there. Actual airplane security at LIM moves pretty quickly in my twice experience since they don't subscribe to TSA's BS. Just run run run.

Exiled in Express Oct 7, 2016 12:07 am

Arriving LIM there are separate paths for domestic/final destination and international connections. The international connections has a brief document check and a reclearing of security. There is a LAN service desk after clearing security but prior to going upstairs to the gates. I am not sure if they will be staffed at such hours but they were amazingly helpful for me.

Jav2010 Oct 31, 2016 10:40 pm

Same for me, worked like a charm. Didn't have to do immigration to get my boarding pass.

mousquetaires Jan 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Jav2010 (Post 27419702)
Same for me, worked like a charm. Didn't have to do immigration to get my boarding pass.

Hmm so how did you make it if the latam ticket counter is after the security check? Doesn't the security check ask for the boarding pass?

LondonElite Jan 24, 2018 2:53 am

Welcome to FT! You know that you are replying to a thread over a year old? I'm not sure the OP will come back here.

Eastbay1K Jan 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by mousquetaires (Post 29331864)
Hmm so how did you make it if the latam ticket counter is after the security check? Doesn't the security check ask for the boarding pass?

The int'l transit security doesn't check anything. When you enter the line, there's an agent who will ask where are you coming from and where are you going.

mousquetaires Jan 26, 2018 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 29344868)
The int'l transit security doesn't check anything. When you enter the line, there's an agent who will ask where are you coming from and where are you going.

Ah ok. Thanks a lot!

tr3k Sep 21, 2019 11:30 am

Would this work when arriving on intl flight (United) and departing on SKY? Do they have anyone with ability to provide boarding passes airside?

Villavic Sep 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by tr3k (Post 31548773)
Would this work when arriving on intl flight (United) and departing on SKY? Do they have anyone with ability to provide boarding passes airside?

v

I'm understanding you are arriving from USA, right? Where are you going on SKY? If you don't have checked luggage, and you already have a SKY boarding pass to a south america city, it should be easy and fast. But I'm not 100% sure, never done that since I live in Lima.

But if you are connecting thru Lima going to USA, I'm almost sure you can't get a boarding pass previously, you have to get it at the airport and do immigration.

tr3k Sep 29, 2019 7:58 pm

Thanks for the reply! It's going to be LATAM now, rather than SKY but the transit remains the same. I have a few hours each way, will see if airside transit is possible - and report here (still a while until then, though).