Reload this Page >

2 day Machu Picchu tour

2 day Machu Picchu tour

Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
2 day Machu Picchu tour

Hi,
Can anyone recommend an agency/person who can help us plan a 2 day trip? My colleague and I are going to be in Peru on business and need someone to help us with

1) Pick us up early AM from CUZ airport, and take us to Aguas Calientes by train. [Day 1]
2) Hotel one night in Agua Calientes [Day 1]
3) Full day guided tour [Day 2] including entrance tickets
4) Train back to Cusco and hotel that night [Day 2]
5) Transfer to airport [Day 3]

Most operators do same day tour. SAS Travel's reviews are not looking good of late. Help please?

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by pindi
Hi,
Can anyone recommend an agency/person who can help us plan a 2 day trip? My colleague and I are going to be in Peru on business and need someone to help us with

1) Pick us up early AM from CUZ airport, and take us to Aguas Calientes by train. [Day 1]
2) Hotel one night in Agua Calientes [Day 1]
3) Full day guided tour [Day 2] including entrance tickets
4) Train back to Cusco and hotel that night [Day 2]
5) Transfer to airport [Day 3]

Most operators do same day tour. SAS Travel's reviews are not looking good of late. Help please?

Thanks!
I have been there twice, both times just winging it, even the train tickets.
You should be fine to book the train online, take a taxi to the train station, book your hotel online and just walk to it when you get to Agua Calientes as most hotels a very close to the train station and the town is very small. Book your hotel in Cusco online and try to make sure it is walkable from the train station. I stayed at the Best Western Los Andes America about 9 years ago and it is about 4 blocks from the train station and 2 blocks from the central square of Cusco. They will arrange transportation back to the airport.
IMO, you do not need a tour of Machu Picchu. You can buy a bus ticket in town to take you to the entrance, then just buy a ticket and walk in.

Last edited by bigbuy; Aug 21, 2016 at 1:30 pm
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Outside the entrance to MP you will find many guides available to give tours inside MP. Unfortunately I do not know about prices but I am sure they are reasonable, especially if you go after 1pm (my idea of reasonable is ~$25).
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigbuy
I have been there twice, both times just winging it, even the train tickets.
You should be fine to book the train online, take a taxi to the train station, book your hotel online and just walk to it when you get to Agua Calientes as most hotels a very close to the train station and the town is very small. Book your hotel in Cusco online and try to make sure it is walkable from the train station. I stayed at the Best Western Los Andes America about 9 years ago and it is about 4 blocks from the train station and 2 blocks from the central square of Cusco. They will arrange transportation back to the airport.
IMO, you do not need a tour of Machu Picchu. You can buy a bus ticket in town to take you to the entrance, then just buy a ticket and walk in.
Thank you - we did just this. Booked everything on our own online and saved ourselves a little over $150 per person to boot!
Old Sep 3, 2016, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by pindi
Thank you - we did just this. Booked everything on our own online and saved ourselves a little over $150 per person to boot!
Hope ya'll have a great trip.
BTW, Cusco is one of my favorite cities in South America.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

We had a smooth, fabulous trip. We trekked up Montana Machu Picchu - absolutely incredible views. Thanks everyone!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 4:15 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by Section 107
Outside the entrance to MP you will find many guides available to give tours inside MP. Unfortunately I do not know about prices but I am sure they are reasonable, especially if you go after 1pm (my idea of reasonable is ~$25).
And ask them to show their certified guide tour id. I'm not sure how it looks like, I'll try to look for it. Cause, as in many places (Rome, Agra, Mexico, etc.) there are fake guides too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.