Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

From Lima to Machu Picchu (Trip Video)

Old Aug 13, 16, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Click the YouTube logo in the video player and watch it in full screen. All the footage is in 4K resolution.

This was our journey from June 2016. My girlfriend is from Lima and we stayed with her family in Lima before our journey to Cusco. We drove from San Diego to the border and used the new bridge that drops you right into the Tijuana Airport. From there we flew to Mexico City and then to Lima. The fare was very low ($265 after taxes). From Lima we used BA Avios to purchase two tickets on LATAM (LAN Airlines). The other two tickets we paid cash as they were for my girlfriend and her mom. They aren't subjected to the "gringo tax" and I believe the tickets were around ~$100 round trip. Very happy that we flew LATAM as the other airlines were very delayed that day.

I will create another video that features our time in Cusco and the AirBnb we stayed at. From Lima our AirBnb booked us a private van to the Poroy train station where we took Peru Rail's Vistadome service. From there we took the short bus ride up to MP. We decided to go after 1pm as the tickets were 50% off. I should have shot some video of the line for the bus going back down at that time. It was MASSIVE! When we arrived I wouldn't say the park was empty, but the crowds were very thin. It was rather warm that late in the day. On the way back we took the lower class train (expedition).
Old Oct 11, 16, 11:02 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Very nice video

Search this Thread