Domestic to international transfer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select

Leaving CUZ tomorrow at 715 am, then 152 pm on to PTY on Copa. Bags should check to PTY since the same ticket. If I leave the airport for a bit to go to la punta what time should I get back to the airport for security and immigration?
Old May 9, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Depending on the time of the day, you can go through security and immigration in a breeze. If you have no bags/children, I would suggest 1.5 to 2h before your flight. Just make sure to have your forms ready (the form you presented upon entry? Make sure you have the lower part that was ripped off).

Have a nice trip!

PS: La Punta is relatively close to the airport, so it should take you 20-30 mins to get there.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Avianca would only check bags to Lima. So I had to pick up recheck bags at the Copa desk. Seems unnecessary but Lima airport rules I guess
Old May 10, 2016, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
Avianca would only check bags to Lima. So I had to pick up recheck bags at the Copa desk. Seems unnecessary but Lima airport rules I guess
It will still be pretty fast Let us know how it goes, so we can have the experience documented!
Old May 11, 2016, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joseeantonior
It will still be pretty fast Let us know how it goes, so we can have the experience documented!
Copa check in line was long took about 20-30 minutes to check in bags. Security and immigration took 3 minutes. I think heavy traffic is in the late evening.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
Copa check in line was long took about 20-30 minutes to check in bags. Security and immigration took 3 minutes. I think heavy traffic is in the late evening.
I still remember those days, which makes me value being a lowly United Silver even more.

Security+immigration-wise, I usually go through between 9:30-10:30pm, and I can take AT MOST 10 minutes. However, coming INTO Peru, it took about 45mins last time. But going out of has always been like a breeze.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by joseeantonior
which makes me value being a lowly United Silver even more.

Haha..I can relate. I'm AA ExP so check-in is usually a breeze. But last week I was a nobody flying Lim-Atl on Delta..I faced a check-in line that seemed longer than the airport itself.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
In my experience that LIM line is awful. Been there twice and each time it was out past the food court and to the Starbucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.