Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Experience with SAS Peru travel / tour operator?

Old Jan 13, 16, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

hello! I'm planning a trip to Peru and have been researching tour operators. Seems like SAS Travel Peru comes highly recommended, but are slow in response to emails.

Anyone have experience with SAS Travel Peru, especially in working with them to plan a trip over email and/or Skype?

Any other local travel operators we should look into? Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 16, 9:58 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver (Former Premier 1K), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Silver, AmEx Plat
When a friend of mine came to the country, they used Viator.com in order to book their tours. It's a TripAdvisor company and they book you with local tour companies, so I believe that's a good alternative in case you wanna look into it.
Old Jan 19, 16, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

I have used Viator for a 5 days 4 nights tours in Scotland last year. The vendor Viator selected for the tour did a pretty good job and we had a great time.

I thought about using Viator again this year too. It's just that it's a bit difficult to string together a custom tour through Viator.

I was able to get through to SAS finally through Skype. I had previously tried email with no success in getting a response. The guy I spoke with over Skype was helpful. With still a couple months before the trip, I'll look closer into both options. Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 25, 16, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I don't know anything about SAS, but I give my highest recommendation to G Adventures. If you call, ask for Leanne Greentree and tell them Chris at TCU recommended them. You'll get great service.
Old Feb 13, 16, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold

I used Belmond for our Peru trip. Was pricey as it was all private tours with the same tour guide, and we stayed in nice hotels. Had transfers and everything else set up through them. We were really happy with it and I would do it that way again, but we did pay for it.
Old May 19, 16, 1:03 am

SAS Peru was good. No surprises. Seems they have been around for a while and prices were reasonable.

Search this Thread