Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Does the Machu Picchu authorities actually scan your ticket?

Old Oct 23, 15, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Do the Machu Picchu authorities actually scan your ticket/lookup your reservation number at the entrance?

Or do they only glance at your ticket to make sure the dates & names match and everything.

I'm asking because my friend has paid for our tickets, but he put in the wrong passport number and forgot to use my legal name (and instead used a nickname). Can I just edit this and print it out or will they actually scan it in some kind of computer system to verify with my actual passport?

It was purchased several months back and I don't think I can get it returned anymore. And the ticket I wanted (with huayna picchu) is no longer available, so I can't simply buy a new one with my name sadly
Old Oct 24, 15, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Scanned the ticket and visually checked passport and photo to match the person. Each ticket can only be used to re-enter two more tines, so they have to register each entry
Old Oct 26, 15, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Yep and they look at them surprisingly closely considering how many they have to process. We had a group last year with the wrong date on the tickets (off by one day) and they made us replace them.

Search this Thread