Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

12 days in Peru and Easter Island trip, does this itinerary work?

Old Sep 5, 15, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

My husband and I are going to Peru and Easter Island in November. I have made the following arrangements. Was wondering if you all can give us some pointers/ suggestions on our itinerary?

Day 1: LAX-ATL- LIM (Delta726 8:15-15:16, Delta151 17:50- 00:25+1) *arrive at midnight in Lima
Day 2: Lima
Day 3: LIM- CUZ-Sacred Valley (LA203513:15-14:35) *arrive at Cuzco airport and drive directly to SV
Day 4: Sacred Valley
Day 5: Sacred Valley- MP *we will stay at the Sanctuary Lodge for 1 night
Day 6: MP- Cuzco * Clime the huayna picchu in the morning, taking the 7pm Belmond train back to Cuzco
Day 7: CUZ-LIM (LA2066 19:15-20:40) *transfer in Lima only, will not go into the city
Day 8: LIM-SCL-IPC (LAN601 1:35-6:50, LAN841 10:30-14:05)
Day 9: Easter Island
Day 10: Easter Island
Day 11: IPC- SCL (LAN842 15:35-22:20) *only one day in Santiago, plan to visit the winery
DAy 12: SCL- MIA (AA226 23:59-6:49+1)

Any thoughts/on our itinerary or must-visit/ must-eat recommendation would be much appreciated! Thank you!!

Last edited by cutebunny930; Sep 5, 15 at 8:19 pm
Old Sep 9, 15, 9:34 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Seems you will not spend time in Cusco city. Try to visit some places during day 7.

November is a bit rainy, there's a risk of flight delays, specially afternoons.
However with the Niño phenomenom this year, it's unpredictable.
Old Sep 12, 15, 9:36 am

Programs: IHG Spire RA; Flying Blue Platinum, several others at not highest tier
Seems pretty good, might want to add a day in Cusco.

For Easter Island 2 full days is OK. If weather is good get a bike it's nice to bike the Island. Or hire a car which is very cheap too.
Old Sep 14, 15, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Seems you will not spend time in Cusco city. Try to visit some places during day 7.

November is a bit rainy, there's a risk of flight delays, specially afternoons.
However with the Niño phenomenom this year, it's unpredictable.
Thank you for your feed back! I wish we had more time in Cusco, but seems like right now we will only have half day. I am thinking of seeing the Moray and maras when we are in Sacred Valley.
Old Sep 14, 15, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by christravelblog View Post
Seems pretty good, might want to add a day in Cusco.

For Easter Island 2 full days is OK. If weather is good get a bike it's nice to bike the Island. Or hire a car which is very cheap too.
Thank you for your comments! Do you think I should change Easter Island to 3 days 2 nights instead? Right now, we arrive early afternoon and leaves on the 3pm ish flight.
Old Sep 15, 15, 2:36 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by cutebunny930 View Post
Thank you for your comments! Do you think I should change Easter Island to 3 days 2 nights instead? Right now, we arrive early afternoon and leaves on the 3pm ish flight.
I would stay three days in Easter Island especially if you like to do some hiking or ride a bike. It's much easier to find a mileage run later to Peru with reasonable cpm than travel again to Easter Island.

I would take a morning flight to Cusco and spend there some time before going to Sacred Valley in the evening.
Old Sep 15, 15, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miikkak View Post
I would stay three days in Easter Island especially if you like to do some hiking or ride a bike. It's much easier to find a mileage run later to Peru with reasonable cpm than travel again to Easter Island.

I would take a morning flight to Cusco and spend there some time before going to Sacred Valley in the evening.
Thank you for your advice! You are absolutely right! Right now, we are spending 4 days and 3 nights in Easter Island! For Cuzco, we have a full day after returning from Machu Picchu (our flight is not till 8pm). Do you think that's sufficient? Many thanks!
Old Sep 15, 15, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL PLAT, IC AMB
Sounds like a fun trip!
Old Sep 16, 15, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly7b2 View Post
Sounds like a fun trip!
Thank you! Looking forward to it everyday
Old Sep 18, 15, 12:13 pm

Programs: IHG Spire RA; Flying Blue Platinum, several others at not highest tier
Originally Posted by cutebunny930 View Post
No keep the days in Easter Island. You won't get back just for a day later. other places much easier to reach!

Search this Thread