7.5 hour layover in lima

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7.5 hour layover in lima

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
7.5 hour layover in lima

What to do in Lima with a 7.5 hour layover? Arriving 845 am then leaving 420 pm.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:11 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
If you want to visit some tourist-y places, you can go to a Huaca (archaeological site), then eat some typical food at a restaurant, and finally go back to the airport.

A couple days ago I took a friend around for those things. We did Huaca Pucllana in Miraflores, entrance was 12 soles and they have guided tours in English. Tour takes an hour and they open at 9am. After that, I took him to a 'restaurant' in Miraflores Central Park called La Republica, which has typical food and is not that expensive. You may be able to fit those two
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by joseeantonior
If you want to visit some tourist-y places, you can go to a Huaca (archaeological site), then eat some typical food at a restaurant, and finally go back to the airport.

A couple days ago I took a friend around for those things. We did Huaca Pucllana in Miraflores, entrance was 12 soles and they have guided tours in English. Tour takes an hour and they open at 9am. After that, I took him to a 'restaurant' in Miraflores Central Park called La Republica, which has typical food and is not that expensive. You may be able to fit those two
What about Museo Larco?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA,BA
If this is your first time, Centro de Lima will be a good intro to the city. History, sightseeing, cheap restaurants, some shopping, people watching...it has it all (pretty much), just be careful with pickpocketers. If not your first time, head to Miraflores. To the recommendation made by joseantonior, add Larcomar and the vecinity.

Lastly, keep an eye out on traffic. I would recommend you take cab/Uber back to Lim by 130pm for a 420 departure. Safe travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.