Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Connection time from International to Cuzco flights

Connection time from International to Cuzco flights

Old Jul 22, 15, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Suggestions for my Peru Trip

I will be landing at 10:55 am at Lima from US and need to book my Cuzco flight. I have 1:00 and 2:10 pm flights available.

My questions:

1) I know 1 pm flight will be cutting it close, will i be able to make it to 2:10 pm flight?

2) Also heard about last flight getting cancelled for the day, is 2:10 pm advisable?

3) If I cant make it to my 2:10 pm flight, will LAN arrange for my next day flight? Any hotel provided etc.

I will be traveling in Business to Lima and may be one of the first persons to run for immigration.

Last edited by concordian; Aug 4, 15 at 11:42 am Reason: Wrong title
Old Jul 23, 15, 3:47 pm

Programs: AF Flying Blue Platinum ST E+/ AAdvantage Platinum OW SPH/ TK Miles&Smiles Elite *A Gold
Originally Posted by concordian View Post
I will be landing at 10:55 am at Lima from US and need to book my Cuzco flight. I have 1:00 and 2:10 pm flights available.

My questions:

1) I know 1 pm flight will be cutting it close, will i be able to make it to 2:10 pm flight?

2) Also heard about last flight getting cancelled for the day, is 2:10 pm advisable?

3) If I cant make it to my 2:10 pm flight, will LAN arrange for my next day flight? Any hotel provided etc.

I will be traveling in Business to Lima and may be one of the first persons to run for immigration.
Hello, yes it is better you take the 2pm flight. LAN and other carriers have flights to CUZ aprox every 30 mins and the last flight departs at almost 6pm now (LAN) so better take a single ticket all the way to CUZ and yes LAN will place you on the next flight in case you loose your connection. Keep in mind that even though your bag might be tagged all the way to CUZ you need to claim your bags from the carrousel (bags can take up to 20/30mins after landing to be delivered depending on the aircraft), clear customs and drop your bag at the LAN /Peruvian/Avianca etc airline you are flying with and then proceed to your departure gate.

Hope this helps. Enjoy Peru!
Old Jul 27, 15, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, I booked the 2 pm flight. Also, instead of opening a new thread, I would like to ask a few more questions:

1) I wanted to Amazon experience - Is it better in Puerto Maldonado or in Rurrenbarque(Bolivia)? I know each place might be different but if i can choose one, what is the better option(Cost, Experience wise). I will have my family with me(2 Boys aged 11 & 9).

2) I want to see Machu Picchu on June 19 which is a Sunday(I know June 20 is Solstice day and it will be Sun God Parade). Which day do you recommend.

3) Any good travel agency to book child only tickets. I can book adult tickets online but cant seem to book child tickets.
Old Jul 29, 15, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by concordian View Post
3) Any good travel agency to book child only tickets. I can book adult tickets online but cant seem to book child tickets.
I did a lot of research on this to try and buy student tickets (same price as child), and found that the cost savings were minimal, if any, when you factored in the commission the agencies charge.
Old Jul 29, 15, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, it will be 4 adult tickets then. Still waiting for experts to chime on best Amazon experience(wife wants to see Iquitos), Puno vs Copacabana etc.

Search this Thread