Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Westin or Marriott for short stay

Old Apr 9, 14, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

We will be stopping in Lima for two days - basic tourist stuff. The best room situation for our group (2 BR suite) can be found at the Westin, but I keep reading that it is not well located for tourism. How "not well located" is the Westin? Are we making a mistake not staying in Miraflores for this short visit?
TIA.
Old Apr 9, 14, 5:46 pm
Ambassador: LAN LANPASS

Programs: BAEC Gold, Avianca Lifemiles Diamond
Originally Posted by Mickidon View Post
We will be stopping in Lima for two days - basic tourist stuff. The best room situation for our group (2 BR suite) can be found at the Westin, but I keep reading that it is not well located for tourism. How "not well located" is the Westin? Are we making a mistake not staying in Miraflores for this short visit?
TIA.
This question has been asked before, I forget where, probably in the Westin mistake deal thread. Ok I found it http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...usd-night.html

I think the Westin's San Isidro location is way cooler than the JWM's Larcomar(ish) location. Others disagreed but for a rounded exchange of opinions, check the thread above
Old Apr 9, 14, 6:22 pm

I don't care much for the location of the Westin. There's not much interesting in the immediate area, just department stores and offices. But its close to the expressway and a quick ride to miraflores or downtown as long as its not rush hour.

Between the 2 choices I'd probably pick the marriott but I prefer the location of the crowne plaza, four points or doubletree - many restaurants and bars within walking distance, but I guess it depends where specifically you want to go.

I live in San Isidro about a mile and a half from the Westin FYI

Last edited by SammySpade; Apr 10, 14 at 8:01 am
Old Apr 29, 14, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club Carlson Gold
I stayed at the Westin during the $27/night deal. Conceirge was happy to call a radio taxi or you can use the Easy Taxi app to get a Taxi to Miraflores for ~$5 each way. I found it quite easy. We also did roam around the area in San Isidro, but as many have said, there is not a whole lot aside from the department stores and various eating establishments.
That being said, the Westin was beautiful and I would definitely go back there.
Old May 27, 14, 10:13 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia View Post
I think the Westin's San Isidro location is way cooler than the JWM's Larcomar(ish) location. Others disagreed but for a rounded exchange of opinions, check the thread above
I'm one of those who disagree

Maybe it's because I'm a Miraflores fan (my neighborhood ), but also, because of traffic. Lima suffers of heavy, heavy traffic nowadays the whole time, but the Westin area is probably one of the worst areas during peak hours (and more).
Old May 28, 14, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

The Westin is beautiful, but it truly is for the business traveler. When people say the traffic is terrible, it really is terrible. There are zero things to do as a tourist there, and not anywhere near the ocean. Choose the Marriott. Also, from time to time even celebrities stay at the JW Marriott, if that's what you're into.

Search this Thread