Wiki Posts
Search

Private transport Cusco - Ollantaytambo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Private transport Cusco - Ollantaytambo

Does anyone have a recommendation for a private driver/transportation service for Cusco to Olly (that includes brief visits to Awana Kancha, El Mirador, and Pisac)?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Are you staying in Olly, or just driving in to catch the train? I emailed a half dozen transportation outfits, but the cheapest I was quoted wound up being from the hotel at which we were staying in Olly. While you'll pay a premium for booking in advance (closer to S/.200 instead of 100 arranging it yourself at the airport), they're likely to recommend reliable drivers they regularly use.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I'm staying in Olly.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:49 am

Shoot your hotel an email and see what kind of quote they come up with. Happy to discuss what I was quoted via PM.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
dieuwer2, sent you a PM of a company that I've used before.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Anyone heard of KB Peru before? They offer an interesting half-day option: http://kbperu.com/more-info/transpor...t-mines-moray/
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:09 am

KB is one of the oldest and well-known hostel and tour operators in Olly. We did this trip ourselves on the way back to Cusco (along with another stop in Chinchero). It's good way to spend an afternoon, and an efficient use of time since it's essentially on the way to/from Olly. $79 is fairly high for this route, but reflective of the premium you'll pay to pre-book.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by linglingfool
KB is one of the oldest and well-known hostel and tour operators in Olly. We did this trip ourselves on the way back to Cusco (along with another stop in Chinchero). It's good way to spend an afternoon, and an efficient use of time since it's essentially on the way to/from Olly. $79 is fairly high for this route, but reflective of the premium you'll pay to pre-book.
I am prepared to pay $79 as long as it is a safe drive for me and my luggage.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: NWA PE, Delta Pt, United 1P
Thanks for the information - we're thinking of doing the same thing, getting a taxi between Cuzco and Olly. This KB option sounds half decent.

We're going over Apr 28th, departing from Cuzco airport in the morning, anybody else want to share the KB half-day taxi with me? There's 2 of us, so we can take 1-2 more passengers. PM me if you're interested.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxl19
Thanks for the information - we're thinking of doing the same thing, getting a taxi between Cuzco and Olly. This KB option sounds half decent.

We're going over Apr 28th, departing from Cuzco airport in the morning, anybody else want to share the KB half-day taxi with me? There's 2 of us, so we can take 1-2 more passengers. PM me if you're interested.
I'm going Tuesday April 29th...
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:17 pm

Ok, my first ever post, so here goes...my boyfriend and I just got back from Peru. We actually, in a roundabout way, ended up with a private driver. Long story, but I can explain how we found him if you are interested. Just PM me for the whole story. He took us to Olly from Cusco and stopped at any and all places in between that we wanted to stop on the route (Salineras, Moray, etc) and even offered additional suggestions on places to stop that we didn't even know about. Spent about 5-6 hours with him and cost us $70. He also picked us up from Olly when our train got back and we took the opposite route back (Pisac, all the ruins near Cusco, etc). It was about a 6-7 hour trip back and we only paid $70 again. I felt completely safe with my belongings with him. Only downside is that he spoke only a little bit of English, so you may want to know some Spanish. I just used what little Spanish I remembered from back in my school days and it was sufficiant enough. If you are interested in his contact info or the hostel that got us in touch with him, I'm more than happy to give it to you. Just PM me.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Got a reply from KB saying they're busy and fully booked for the next two weeks (?). Still waiting on a second provider to respond.
It looks like I might need to organize this trip when I be in Cusco.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:32 am

Any other recommendations for reliable taxi I can arrange ahead of time? Going to need a taxi from Cusco airport to the train in Oly and then a taxi from either Oly or Urubamba early in the morning (4AM ish) to Cusco Airport to catch a 7:30am flight. Going May 20-22.

Anyone know how early I should arrive at Cusco airport for a 7:30am flight to Lima?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by drdavidge
Any other recommendations for reliable taxi I can arrange ahead of time? Going to need a taxi from Cusco airport to the train in Oly and then a taxi from either Oly or Urubamba early in the morning (4AM ish) to Cusco Airport to catch a 7:30am flight. Going May 20-22.

Anyone know how early I should arrive at Cusco airport for a 7:30am flight to Lima?
CUZ is tiny. Security should take no more than 10-15 minutes at most, and planes begin boarding 35 minutes beforehand, so a 6:30 arrival should leave you with plenty of time.

PM me for a driver recommendation.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I'm in Olly now. Used the services of Cusco Transport, www.cuscotransport.com, for a one-way private trip from Cusco to Olly with stops in Chincero, Moray, and Salinas. I paid $100. Was well worth it to me.
The driver spoke reasonable English and provided some background info during the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.