Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Sacred Valley Tour Guides / Activities?

Old Oct 2, 13, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.

Hi, I'm planning a five day trip to the Sacred Valley this coming January. I'm staying at the Tambo Del Inka (starwood hotel) in Urubamba. They have a bunch of activities listed on their website but it turns out the prices are fairly high ($280 per person to go mountain bike riding for four hours for example).

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for local English speaking tour guides for various sites in the area. Ideally, I'd like a mix of fun actives (mountain biking, rafting, zip lining, etc -- to the extent that stuff exists and tours of the ruins / different areas within the Sacred Valley. Besides the obvious (Machu Picchu) are there any other "must see" ruins/cultural attractions?

We are staying two days in Cusco after Urubamba so we'll get to see that then. Thanks so much for any help!
Old Oct 5, 13, 5:38 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
We're going in Nov. and have booked a day tour with DUPtours. I've seen their service recommended by a number of folks. See, e.g., http://www.travelbypoints.com/2012/0...u-picchu-peru/ They are more of a transport service than a guide service, but that's all you really need. Ollantaytambo and Pisac are two of the better nearby sites. Have fun!

Andyandy
Old Oct 5, 13, 7:29 pm

Programs: aa
We have used Percy for two different trips to Peru. Here is his email

[email protected]

He is a private guide and can do everything the larger tour groups can do but on a much more personal level... With great prices to boot! His English is great and has a very nice newer car to transport everyone. He also has a van and driver if you are a larger group. Tell him you got his name from jeffrey, he will give you great prices
Old Oct 6, 13, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA/AA
If you can arrange your schedule to be in Pisac on a Sunday, the weekly local outdoor market is worth a visit.
Old Oct 9, 13, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: