Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Arrive LIM 11:00 PM depart 2:35 AM-doable?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott-LT Titanium; AA-LT Gold/Currently Plat Pro

Hi, I'm considering flying through LIM to save some AA miles. Right now I am looking at arriving LIM from SCL on LAN at 11:10 PM and then catching the 2:35 AM flight on AA back to the US. Besides the obvious potential of flight delays, if all goes well. would this be doable?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Int-to-int transfer at LIM is quite easy as long as both flights are on the same ticket or you are able to do online checkin for the AA flight. If one of these conditions is fulfilled, 3+ hours is more than enough as you can stay airside. Travelling via LIM is much easier than via US airports as transfer passengers don't have to pass through customs or immigration.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miikkak
Int-to-int transfer at LIM is quite easy as long as both flights are on the same ticket or you are able to do online checkin for the AA flight. If one of these conditions is fulfilled, 3+ hours is more than enough as you can stay airside. Travelling via LIM is much easier than via US airports as transfer passengers don't have to pass through customs or immigration.
My plan was to buy a LAN ticket with MR points transferred to Avios. Then I was going to get an AA award ticket from LIM back to the US. That would mean I am on two separate tickets. If my LAN flight is delayed or cxld and I miss my AA flight I have read that it is my whole responsibility. This is making me a bit nervous now.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
AA treats separate tickets on AA or other One World airlines as if they are one ticket (as long as it doesn't violate MCT). So if your LAN flight was late AA would reaccommodate you as if it was booked on one ticket.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrp96
AA treats separate tickets on AA or other One World airlines as if they are one ticket (as long as it doesn't violate MCT). So if your LAN flight was late AA would reaccommodate you as if it was booked on one ticket.
That's reassuring but I will definitely check with AA. Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by odie11
That's reassuring but I will definitely check with AA. Thanks!
http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...tkt_policy.jsp
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

That's awesome, thanks!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.