Reload this Page >

Lunch Ceviche in Lima

Lunch Ceviche in Lima

Old Aug 8, 2013, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Lunch Ceviche in Lima

Hello,

We'll be in Lima on Saturday, and would like to experience our first Peruvian Ceviche.

What are some of your favorite places for a Ceviche lunch in Lima? We'll be staying at the Sheraton, but will probably be exploring Miraflores and other neighborhoods.

We love exploring, and would be content to go to a locals only hole in the wall, or somewhere high-end if the value for money for the ceviche is really there.

Best regards,

Beofotch
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
Astrid and Gaston.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Last time I was in Lima I had a really good ceviche at a place called Cala. It is down the Bajada de Armendariz and literally next to the ocean. We ordered a selection of different types of ceviches for the first course, and followed it by other seafood dishes for the main course. For reference, it is a less than a five minutes drive from Larcomar.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:18 am

Punto Azul is a good cevicheria a short walk from Parque Kennedy. There is also La Mar, owned by Gaston Acurio of Astrid & Gaston. On Av. La Mar, around the 1200 block I think, there are a bunch of ceviche restaurants.

There are plenty of hole in the wall spots all over the place; just pick one and go for it. Or better yet, pick a few.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 11:31 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'll second Punto Azul in Maraflores

If you are at The Sheraton then go here too http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ma_Region.html Love this place, ignore the menu because they either won't have it or suggest you don't eat it. Just ask them what they have and let them bring it. Choritos a la chalaca have always been very good there.

Thanks to the snobbishness of Gastn Acurio, buffets are sneered at, but I think this one is great http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ma_Region.html and they will make you up a fresh ceviche right before your very eyes.

Happy eating
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Pescados Capitales, in Miraflores.

Google it. We loved it so much we went twice.

Punto Azul, as previously suggested, was also very nice.

I'm surprised at the recommendation for Astrid y Gaston. Especially for ceviche.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, COPA ConnectMiles Gold, LATAM Pass Gold
I love Pescados Capitales, specially for lunch!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
Astrid y Gaston? Ummm, no.

Good places include La Mar, Pescados Capitales, El Mercado, Kapallaq & Segundo Muelle. The last is a chain with several outlets in the Lima metropolitan area including San Isidro, Miraflores & Surco.

If you want the real deal I recommend that you grab a taxi to Av. La Mar, a still-scruffy-looking street in Miraflores. On or just off Av. La Mar are the first three restaurants listed above. Of the three, my facvorite is El Mercado. Warning: get there early, especially on weekends. It's a popular place.

I also recommend Los Cavenecia, in Barranco. Not exactly a cebichera, but they serve good seafood for both lunch and dinner.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:51 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by Siempre Viajando
Astrid y Gaston? Ummm, no.

Good places include La Mar, Pescados Capitales, El Mercado, Kapallaq & Segundo Muelle.
I agree. And Pescado Capitales has better cebiches than La Mar, IMHO. I mean, I did enjoy other seafood in La Mar (try the causas!!), but its cebiche is good but not the best I have tasted. If you look for cebiche, try Punto Azul or Pescados Capitales.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.