Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Machu Picchu Tickets - June 2013

Machu Picchu Tickets - June 2013

Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Yes, they definitely need a new payment system and also need to redo their website. I had to go through an agency to get tickets. (Maybe it's their way of steering tourists through the agencies?) You're probably better off going to Cusco and paying for the tickets in soles.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 2:16 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, just an FYI for anyone having problems in the future, a Bank of America Visa card will work for the purchase. Turns out, they are one of the very few that are actually verified by Visa.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: AA PLT
Interesting, I was planning on buying my MP tickets tonight with my BoA card. Did you have to register for VbV, or did the card just work?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Interesting, I was planning on buying my MP tickets tonight with my BoA card. Did you have to register for VbV, or did the card just work?
I used my B of A debit Visa card and it worked without a problem, no verified by Visa registration required. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to get tickets - I don't speak or read Spanish.

I did find a thread on TripAdvisor that was rather helpful in describing the entire process.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Thanks for the tip, my BoA Visa credit card worked as well. During the payment process, I saw the browser briefly redirect to "mbnapaymentauth.com" or something similar, so I expect FIA-issued cards would also work.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:49 pm

Been trying to buy tickets for the past month, I can reserve no problem but have been getting the operation denied screen with all of my credit cards. I have tried Chase, citi, BOA with no avail. Tickets are getting sparse and I am getting frustrated. Did you guys try purchasing at a certain time or date?? What browser? did you have pop up windows enabled?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by goober153
Been trying to buy tickets for the past month, I can reserve no problem but have been getting the operation denied screen with all of my credit cards. I have tried Chase, citi, BOA with no avail. Tickets are getting sparse and I am getting frustrated. Did you guys try purchasing at a certain time or date?? What browser? did you have pop up windows enabled?
Yes I purchased for MP in September along with a climb to Huayna Picchu. I've heard that the English site tends to have problems. Did you try using the Spanish site? I used I.E. when I purchased the tickets. I don't believe I have pop up windows enabled.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:31 pm

BTW, I followed the instructions in post #23 from Tripadvisor, worked perfectly.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...co_Region.html
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I believe you need to use IE. IIRC, when I tried Chrome or Firefox the website goes kaput. I couldn't get my card working on the site (was denied) but had no issues getting tickets with PeruRail. They need to get rid of Flash ASAP.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:40 pm

Update: I finally got it working using my chase sapphire preferred card. I honestly think the payments site was not working and suddenly started working last week. I tried BOA card also and didn't work when i was trying. When I used my CSP card I got the verified by visa window which never happened before.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
how far in advance?

How far in advance MP tickets can be bought? I looked at the web site and it seem that the tickets are now available for sale until the end of 2016 (no availability is shown for 2017).
My trip will be in April 2017, and having flown all this way I certainly dont want to be left without the ticket.

So, does anyone know when 2017 tickets will be available for purchase?

AX
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I don't think you have to book that far in advance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.