Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Sunday brunch in Lima

Sunday brunch in Lima

Old Oct 31, 2012, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Sunday brunch in Lima

Has anyone done Sunday brunch somewhere in Lima? I had heard the JW Marriott does brunch but when I emailed the hotel they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. Maybe brunch is just not popular in South America?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 3:07 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
It's weird they didn't know what you were talking about (@Marriott). Brunch is not a strange word in Lima, though maybe is not that common either.

Some Miraflores cafés offer "breakfast & brunch" (Haití, Dove Vai, Manolo's, La Bonbonniere, etc). And I've read La Bodega de la Trattoria (italian restaurant @Miraflores). However I'm not sure they offer exactly the same you are thinking as "brunch". Probably they offer sandwiches, others maybe offer buffets. I'm not really sure, I've never tried a brunch in restaurants or cafés of my city.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Don't know about brunch, do know about all-you-can-try lunch buffet. Not Sunday, but Fridays in the beautiful white Plaza San Martin (several blocks from Plaza de Armas in Lima) El Estadio has a lunch buffet featuring 25 or so traditional Peruvian dishes for sampling. Amazing deal at about $10 and opportunity to test all, including my favourite - el esceviche. Arrive early, it is popular with locals.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:45 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by zitsky
Has anyone done Sunday brunch somewhere in Lima?
Are you thinking of a buffet? I think it's more common to just call them (late) breakfast buffet and have them end before noon. I think Marriott has one of those, also Los Delfines hotel, Swissôtel, Mangos (at Larcomar)...
Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
I suspect that Costa Verde and Las Brujas de Cachiche also serve brunch / lunch buffet. But if you're in Lima on a Sunday why not do what the locals do, which is a seafood lunch at any one of a great variety of cebicherías in the city. Choose a good one and you won't be disappointed. There are a lot of previous posts on this subject but here's a quick list of my current favorites (in no particular order): La Mar, Mercado, Pescados Capitales, Punta Sal (a chain), Segundo Muelle (also a chain), Los Cavenecia (not really a cebichería but they serve some wonderful seafood).

At the popular places the crowds arrive around 1pm and if you come after that you may have to wait at the bar for a table. If you are in to eating earlier most of them open between noon and 12:30pm, and if you show up then you'll likely have your pick of tables.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:13 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by Siempre Viajando
I suspect that Costa Verde and Las Brujas de Cachiche also serve brunch / lunch buffet. .
Brujas serve buffet again (it stopped few years ago) but only on tuesday and thursday I guess (let me check I live just one block from there ). They open at noon.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA .75K, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I went today to Cebicheria La Mar http://www.lamarcebicheria.com/LIM/. You won't be disappointed. great food, friendly service and beautiful setting. To take a taxi from Miraflores is S/ 7. Get there before 1pm if you don't want to wait.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I'll be in Lima this coming weekend, and will probably look for brunch on Sunday. I'll try to find a place that serves chicharrones, tameles, ocopa, aji de gallina, etc. and I'll report back if I find something good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.