Reload this Page >

LIM / Chavez airport SUMAQ and VIP lounges are out of hand

Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas

It is no secret that this airport cannot handle its current midnight capacity. For the second time, I have been directed from the SUMAQ to the VIP because of capacity issues. Last time, the VIP was actually a pleasant place to sit. This time, there is almost no seating, kids running around, even little kids taking over my seat when my stuff is on it (and on the table) when I was going to get a drink, and the mother just didnīt care. I ventured upstairs - alas, a free steel ottoman to sit on - no, the guy who wasnīt at the chair with the ottoman appears out of nowhere to tell me it is busy. At least as crowded as SUMAQ has been at times, the playground atmosphere has never occurred.

Seriously, the terminal would have been more relaxing tonight.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
The good news is they recognize the problem and plan to expand Sumaq. When? Lets use that most odious of Peruvian words "horita"
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:37 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
The good news is they recognize the problem and plan to expand Sumaq. When? Lets use that most odious of Peruvian words "horita"
The betting begins.. What will be first?

a) The LIM VIP rooms
b) The new Cusco airport
c) The return of Halley comet
Old Sep 27, 2012, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Villavic
The betting begins.. What will be first?

a) The LIM VIP rooms
b) The new Cusco airport
c) The return of Halley comet
Well only one of those options will occur with any degree of certainty
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:51 am

Did they finally do the expansion?

I'll be flying this week, at 1pm. How crowd is Sumaq (or VIP) at 11am, noon nowadays? Has anybody been there lately?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum

I'll be flying this week, at 1pm. How crowd is Sumaq (or VIP) at 11am, noon nowadays? Has anybody been there lately?
I'll be there tonight and will let you know how crowded it is (at least at nighttime.)
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pedro M
I'll be there tonight and will let you know how crowded it is (at least at nighttime.)
I was there on Wednesday night. SUMAQ was about to direct me to VIP (but not as an "order") - I told her I wanted to sit in the business center (I could see seating available in there), and she admitted me. That is where I camped out for my hour. It was crowded, but not the worst I've seen. Note that LAN's major schedule changes eff. end of March will change the lounge overcrowding, at least somewhat.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others

Not busy at 11am-1pm.
And no, work not started yet but I was recently told at the end of March... haha
Old Mar 15, 2013, 8:12 pm

I'm at the Sumaq club right now (9:00 pm Lima time). It is busy but not overflowing. The Internet is extremely slow - I almost finished a Pisco Sour in the time it took this page to load.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:03 am

We came back to the Sumaq club at 11:30 pm because of a mechanical delay and the club was packed - no available seats. They said we could go to the VIP lounge which was not nearly as crowded. By the time we finally left the club to board our fight at 1:30 AM, the club was practically deserted.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:07 am

Not busy at 11am-1pm.
And no, work not started yet but I was recently told at the end of March... haha
Thanks.
Usually VIP wifi was faster than Sumaq's at night. Let's see how it is at mornings. I've not decided yet which one I'll go.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Not busy at 11am-1pm.
Well, it does coincide with LAN's de-peaking of the hub, so maybe there is a gota of truth.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 7:02 am

I was at LIM terminal on thursday morning. I could check from the Sumaq entrance it was kind of half full (10:15am), so I decided to enter VIP Club, and it was empty and wifi was fast. Again the right choice, at least for my priorities (wifi!)

When I was l leaving the lounge (12:50pm aprox) it was more than half full, and large groups making a line to enter.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, National Executive
@ Sumaq (intl) Saturday night (6/8) @ 2300 for 0140 flight to DFW. Packed on arrival and took what seemed to be 2 of last 3-4 seats in joint. By 0015, capacity increased as most people took to their flights but even on us leaving at 0100 for flight, still 1/3 full. Sumaq is all airlines' premium pax club methinks, and VIP and Sumaq are both Priority Pass locations. Make your own juice is cool, bathrooms not so much. Good wifi, not a lot of bag parking. Be on your own for boarding times: can barely hear the Club Cryer's announcements.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:53 pm

Friday 5:30pm
Sumaq seemed crowded (as usual) so I entered VIP L. The right decision. Almost empty, quiet, fast wifi ( my priority).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.