Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

LIM / Chavez airport SUMAQ and VIP lounges are out of hand

LIM / Chavez airport SUMAQ and VIP lounges are out of hand

Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Is it feasible to take a shower at Sumaq at midnight, or would that be a terrible planning blunder?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:21 am

Vip-Sumaq Lounges

Was there on 6 Oct, got redirected From Sumaq to VIP lounge, it too was overloaded. On the other hand, alcohol flowed readily. Expansion is needed.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
My god.. has anyone used the shower room at Sumaq? There's like a ton of black mold in the shower and the toilet seat is missing. Absolutely horrible.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 6:46 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by GeoHound
Was there on 6 Oct, got redirected From Sumaq to VIP lounge, it too was overloaded. On the other hand, alcohol flowed readily. Expansion is needed.
At what time?
I'll be Thursday evening,peak hour. Lets see how it goes
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
My god.. has anyone used the shower room at Sumaq? There's like a ton of black mold in the shower and the toilet seat is missing. Absolutely horrible.
Of course, no excuse for mold, but welcome to Lima the humid desert where clothes take 3 days to dry on the line and you need a dehumidifier in your closets or for sure you clothes all will go moldy.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: DL
Was at the Sumaq lounge last night. I paid for a daypass with the main purpose being to shower and freshen up after an early morning flight from Cusco and spending the day outside in Miraflores. I didn't find the shower room in bad shape, although my standards may be lower than most here as I'm in my mid 20s and not VERY well traveled in upper scale accommodations. The Internet was painstakingly slow and the place was packed to the gills almost the entire time from arriving at 7 until leaving for my gate at midnight. It was worth the cost for me though for the free bar, cokes, and shower availability.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:37 pm

I was at VIP Club lounge last month. Internet used to be faster, of course lounge used to be less crowded, but is still faster than Sumaq anyway. in general VC is more comfort than Sumaq to me, though web access is one of my main interests. And VC has no showers
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Hola amigo/as, I'm here now. Before midnight. SUMAQ is as usual. In these respects:

a. It is very crowded.
b. WiFi is very slow.
c. The Pisco Sour mixed by the barkeep is very good. I'll have another while I rant here on FT.

Access was problematic tonight.

I didn't have my UA J-class BP in hand, just earlier TA C-class BPs from my day visit to GYE. The lounge dragon was originally going to deny admittance on the grounds that I couldn't produce my outbound UA J BP - of course not, TA couldn't issue it earlier, and otherwise I would have had to wait for UA agents to appear to crew the EWR departure gate - but I delivered a refrain, using my luggage claim check documenting a check on UA855 and my UA 1K card to demonstrate StarG status...and thus achieved entrance to the Inca sanctum.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I must have been lucky the last time I was in SUMAQ. It must have been around 8-9pm and although it was crowded, I was still able to make VOIP calls to the states. IIRC, there are multiple wifi APs. Have you any of you tried jumping around to see if any of those make a difference or do they all use the same network connection?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:24 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Tried jumping around? More like was forced to try all the options just to find one that works. Think citical factor is location, location, location. Often I'll wander until I find a spot that connects, then sit down as the connection sticks. All use the same connection, excepting maybe “oldlaptops” which sometimes is the best option rather than SUMAQ12345.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I was there on Wednesday night. SUMAQ was about to direct me to VIP (but not as an "order") - I told her I wanted to sit in the business center (I could see seating available in there), and she admitted me. That is where I camped out for my hour. It was crowded, but not the worst I've seen. Note that LAN's major schedule changes eff. end of March will change the lounge overcrowding, at least somewhat.
Saying you want to shower will also get one into the SUMAQ lounge (no shower in VIP).
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Reviving this thread, I've had the good fortune of not having many LIM connections in the past couple of years (and bad fortune of having the SFO/LIM route terminated). Nonetheless, I'll be there soon.

What is the general state of affairs in the mid-AM time? And what are the odds of available showers (and in decent condition) during that time period?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I tried to use Sumaq last Saturday at midnight. I was denied at the door because they said it was full. There has been no expansion. I ended up having to go to the gate to check on someone so I didn't try VIP.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:27 pm

The whole airport is overloaded and crowded on peak hours (humm.. most of the day). Urge to build the second landing track, but with a second larger terminal.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
We were in the Sumaq lounge on Friday, 3/24 at 10 p.m. and it was VERY busy, but the six of us were finally able to get seats & I was able to take a shower before my 1 a.m. flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.