Search

Amazon River inaugurated as nature's wonder today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:49 pm
Ambassador: Peru
Original Poster

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Amazon River inaugurated as nature's wonder today

The Amazon River & Rainforest was officially declared as one of the new seven wonders of nature in a festive ceremony broadcasted live on giant screens around the Amazon region of Loreto in northeastern Peru.

The official delegation, including Bernard Weber, president of the New 7 Wonders foundation, headed to the 28 de Julio square to unveil the bronze plaque commemorating the official certification of the Amazon River/Rainforest as a natural wonder of the world.

Promperu noted that the award represents the recognition of the biodiverse richness that houses the Amazonia, making it one of the "lungs of the planet."

Amazon ignauguration New 7 Wonders

Jean Paul de la Fuente, New 7 Wonders director said ''there will be great tourism and economic impact in the Amazon'' (hopefully aligned to sustainable tourism activities).

I think this recognition must be shared with Brazil and all the countries within the Amazon rivers basin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.