Wiki Posts
Search

Need to find a non-dairy Birthday Cake in Cusco

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marco Polo Club Green , HH Blue, Marriott Plat
Need to find a non-dairy Birthday Cake in Cusco

I am meeting up with some friends in Cusco in July.

They asked if I wanted to join them for a birthday dinner at a restaurant. I said sure, and that since I would be in town a day ahead, I offered to order a birthday cake for the party.

My thought was that it might be an additional shopping adventure to find a cake in Cusco.

The response was... How nice of you, remember that the birthday boy is Lactose Intolerant. Please buy something dairy free or with minimal dairy content.

Any suggestions on how to find a lactose-free birthday confection in Cusco?

Ethernet Weasel
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:31 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Contact this place in Pisac and tell them you want a lactose free birthday cake
http://www.bluellamacafe.com/

Then have a ride out for half a day in Pisac to go and fetch it.

The owner of the above café is the sister of the lady that owns Yanuq. South America's biggest recipe portal. If they cannot come up with a lactose free birthday cake between them then I don't know who can

Tell 'em Johnny sent ya

EDIT: Actually don't mention me at all, or FT, that could land me in heaps of bother. Just ask them for the cake.

Last edited by JohnnyColombia; Jun 26, 2012 at 10:41 pm
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:47 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
I don't have a complete answer about it, but probably at some fancy restaurant you can ask for it. Though probably it won't be so cheap. I'd suggest el Chicha de Gaston and El Limo. There's also a vegetarian restaurant in Ruinas street, 2 blocks from the new Marriott.

Maybe at 5-stars hotels like Monasterio and Marriott can help you, since they have their own kitchen and with good professional chefs (those chefs can also give you suggestions, though not sure if you will have enough time since you arrive the day before)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.