Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cusco to Nazca?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Cusco to Nazca?

Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get from Cusco to Nazca? Bus is an option, but is perhaps taxi a better option?

Flying?
Old May 17, 2010, 11:23 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by magsmeplease
Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get from Cusco to Nazca? Bus is an option, but is perhaps taxi a better option?

Flying?
I guess the best way would depend on your budget. Buses might take 15 or so hours Cusco-Nazca (I'd recommend Cruz del Sur). I don't know whether there's a private taxi service that does this trip but considering the distance it's probably expensive.
You can't fly directly from Cusco to Nazca... You could fly to Lima and take a bus or a tour to Nazca and then fly over the Nazca lines or you could charter a plane from Lima (expensive but the option exists, this tour site has details). Apparently you can also fly from Ica or Pisco... There are other flight operators but I can't recall their names.
Old May 19, 2010, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions, I guess I'll just have to weigh the options.

Are the flights signifigantly more money to fly over the lines from Ica or Pisco than they would be flying directly out of Nazca?
Old May 26, 2010, 11:06 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver

Are the flights signifigantly more money to fly over the lines from Ica or Pisco than they would be flying directly out of Nazca?
I guess so. But not sure if prices are different from foreigns than peruvians.

I still have not done the Nasca-Cusco road, but relatives told me it's beautiful.
Old May 27, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by Villavic
I still have not done the Nasca-Cusco road, but relatives told me it's beautiful.
Since much of the bus ride is overnight, it's hard to tell how beautiful it is.

It's a long ride, but I really enjoyed seeing the Nasca lines so it was worth it.
Old May 27, 2010, 4:34 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

I just saw those flights at the "Nazca Flights" website. The site quotes prices of $79 for overflight from Nazca, $179 departing from Ica, $173 departing from Pisco, $459 departing from Lima (details are all in the website, this doesn't include airport tax)...
Old May 27, 2010, 8:20 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by mhnadel
Since much of the bus ride is overnight, it's hard to tell how beautiful it is.

It's a long ride, but I really enjoyed seeing the Nasca lines so it was worth it.
Right.
I was based on going on my own or a private car and driver.
Old May 28, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
Originally Posted by andreadbc
I just saw those flights at the "Nazca Flights" website. The site quotes prices of $79 for overflight from Nazca, $179 departing from Ica, $173 departing from Pisco, $459 departing from Lima (details are all in the website, this doesn't include airport tax)...
I paid $50 in November, including transportation from Nasca to/from the airport. That was arranged at Walk On Inn the morning I arrived. (Walk On Inn is also a decent place to stay for about $8 a night. I assume they can arrange the flights for people not staying there, too.) If I recall correctly, I had to also pay a few dollars airport tax when we checked in at the airport.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 7:31 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Nasca to Cusco

About doing this trip, I just found an article on a family trip (by car) from Nasca to Cusco:

http://www.livinginperu.com/travel-1...om-nasca-cusco

I don't know if the buses use that route but it seems like an interesting trip (they used this traveler's guide by Rafo León).
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your assistance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.