Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket number on visa for Peru

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Ticket number on visa for Peru

Hi,

I am from India and am planning a trip to Peru in June. As part of the visa application, I was asked to submit a confirmed ticket since the consulate needed the ticket number as part of my application. The consulate told me that the visa would be issued in a couple of hours.

So I asked my travel agent to get me a fully refundable ticket (just in case) and submitted that with my application. Unfortunately for some reason, the consulate delayed my visa application beyond 24 hours. And when they did give me the visa, they put the airline name and the ticket number on my passport. The ticket meanwhile had to be canceled due to the delay.

All this happened over snail mail so I haven't had a chance to talk to the consulate yet. But was just wondering if anyone has faced this issue before? If I buy another ticket, can I still travel or is my visa considered void now?

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.