Search

Not dead yet....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 1999, 5:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Not dead yet....

Actually PASSAGES is still very much alive till end of Feb 2000 anyway.

And to entice members who have grudgingly either kept their points (kilometre points) in the account by accident or misinformed by the PASSAGES staff of the number of kilometres required for an award. One can still redeem awards till Feb 2000, and then after that date, transfer remaining kilometres (converting to miles at 1 mile = 1.6 kilometres) into one of the three programmes the PASSAGES members have set up - either SQ's Krisflyer, MH's Enrich or CX's AsiaMiles.

But the best time to redeem an award is now when blackout dates have been waived and most PASSAGES partners have come out with great savings for awards.

In its last newsletter, PASSAGES is offering members awards on Cathay Pacific in Economy Class for 25% less points than normally required. Malaysia Airlines is also offering savings of 50% in their 'restricted' economy class awards on their entire network. Both airlines' offers are valid be from 1st Oct 99 to 31 Jan 2000.

Singapore Airlines is offering a Once-In-A-Lifetime opportunity of 50% savings on ALL awards (Economy, Business, First free awards, as well as Companion Business / First awards, and Upgrade either oneway or roundtrip from Economy to Business or Business to First).

A First Class award between say NY and Frankfurt can be had for as little as 90,000km. Or First Class between SFO to Australia for 160,000km. (That's 100K miles)

Upgrade awards from Economy to Biz which normally required 130,000 km from say Australia to Europe now only costs 65,000km.

I'm glad my 100K remaining in my PASSAGES account is getting great use as Christmas gifts! And surprisingly, award seats are relatively easy to come by this season!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.