All Asia Pass

Old Mar 11, 1999, 12:39 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
All Asia Pass

Just got a note from Cathay. Looks like a good deal, but you don't get any ff miles regardless of the class you travel in (what gives!)!!! Someone needs to give Cathay a shot upside the head. These fares work out to be no better than round the world passes that do earn ff miles.

For just over $1000 U.S. ($1599 CAD) you can fly to Hong Kong and any or all of 15 additional cities, including Bangkok, Cebu, Denpasar, Fukuoka, Jakarta, KL, Manila, Nagoya, Osaka, Penang, Seoul, Singapore, Surabaya, Taipei and Tokyo. Plus if you are a registered Cybertraveler you get $100 US ($150 CAD) discount.

Optional add ons available for India or Australia/NZ ($350US per city), Turkey or South Africa ($450US per city). Business Class $1000 US more each way. Once you are in Asia, you can travel to any or all of the 15 cities listed but you may only travel to any single city once (except Hong Kong).

Got to www.cathay.ca for more details. It isn't clear on first read if this is only for Canadians or for others too (travel must originate in Canada).
Old Mar 11, 1999, 1:57 pm
Original Member

BB:

You must prove permenant residence in Canada. However, they have a similar (perhaps identical) program in the US, for US residents. Given the international nature of CX, I would not be surprised if they had similar offers for Ozzies, Brits, Europeans, etc. Haven't looked, though.

Ken
Old Mar 11, 1999, 3:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
similar programs for Europeans exist.
Old Mar 11, 1999, 4:06 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
And none give ff miles?
Old Mar 11, 1999, 5:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I don't know. The equivalent Skypass programs for Europeans in the USA gives full mileage (and upgrade possibilities) with UA.
Old Mar 11, 1999, 5:37 pm
Original Member

CX has done this for the last two or three years for US. It use to be $899 for people who registed with CX (registration is free) and I am not sure what is the current price (either $899 or $999).

This program has never offered miles.
Old Mar 11, 1999, 5:59 pm
Original Member

Just checked at http://www.cathay-usa.com/.

Rather than offering those who have registered in their cybertraveler a lower price like they did last year, CX is offering to those who registered 10 extra days of travel (31 instead of 21).

The good thing about this is that you can leave from any of CX's US gateway cities (JFK, SFO, LAX) and that it includes the US gov tax and fees. But there are too many significant downsides like no miles awarded, no upgrades using miles allowed, 100% non-refundable, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.