Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

what Priceline zones to stay at/avoid in Portland, OR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what Priceline zones to stay at/avoid in Portland, OR?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Question what Priceline zones to stay at/avoid in Portland, OR?

I'm planning to drive from San Jose, CA to the Seattle area over Labor Day because I'm being relocated for work.

I plan to stop in Portland, OR to sightsee and plan to stay night there but want to use Priceline to book a room. Which zones would you stay in/avoid? I'll be coming up I-5 and continuing that way.

I guess my criteria are: safety, good value for the money, and free parking. Being near public transportation doesn't matter (I don't think) since I'll have my car.

Unfortunately, FT doesn't let me attach images. You can go to Priceline and try naming your own price for a hotel to see a map. Here are the zones are Priceline describes them:
1 Beaverton - Hillsboro
2 Clackamas
3 Convention Center - Lloyd Center
4 Downtown Portland
5 Gresham - Troutdale
6 Lake Oswego - Tigard
7 North Harbor - Jantzen Beach
8 Northwest Portland
9 Portland Airport (PDX)
10 South Waterfront District
11 Vancouver, Washington
Old Sep 3, 2009, 6:56 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
For sightseeing, I'd select the downtown zone. Parking won't be free. The Convention Center/Lloyd Center is a short MAX (light rail) ride away, and you're more likely to get free parking in that zone. The rest of the zones are going to be far from downtown, you'll have to drive in, and parking is expensive in downtown Portland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.