Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Parking at SEA" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Jeeves
I was disappointed to find out that my go to place Shuttlepark2 doesn't have any current coupons available. Their website says they are between web specials right now. It's not the end of the world but they want $12.70/day + the usual fees. Any other suggestions?
Mpark is advertising $8.99 in the Alaska Airlines mag (valid thru Feb 28).
mparkseatac.com
Wallypark has a 25% off entire stay coupon for SEA in the mag (valid til Dec 31, 2012).
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
We chose MPark at $8.99. Seems like a good operation.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Mpark is advertising $8.99 in the Alaska Airlines mag (valid thru Feb 28).
mparkseatac.com
Wallypark has a 25% off entire stay coupon for SEA in the mag (valid til Dec 31, 2012).
You can get the same Wallypark discount just by showing a AAA card, FWIW.
Old May 2, 2013, 4:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Lately Wallypark has been selling $100 worth of gift certificates for $50 at Seattle area Costcos. Makes parking there an absolute steal!

Neil
Old May 2, 2013, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80
Lately Wallypark has been selling $100 worth of gift certificates for $50 at Seattle area Costcos. Makes parking there an absolute steal!

Neil
I've only found these at the downtown Seattle Costco (not Federal Way or others lately), FWIW. And they are still there. ^
Old May 8, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Does anyone here have any updates as to when (if at all) the space formerly used by the rental car companies in the garage will re-striped and available for parking? With the 8th floor closed, at least a couple hundred spaces on 7 blocked off, and summer approaching, the garage could surely use the capacity.
Old May 9, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
I've only found these at the downtown Seattle Costco (not Federal Way or others lately), FWIW. And they are still there. ^
I have seen wallypark giftcards at costco seattle, renton and kirkland
Old May 24, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Gold
Used Wallypark recently and will be using them again, especially with the Costco gift cards and AAA discount. The only odd thing is they took my AAA card and made a scan/copy of it along with the gift cards I used. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old May 24, 2013, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by SFOHPN
Used Wallypark recently and will be using them again, especially with the Costco gift cards and AAA discount. The only odd thing is they took my AAA card and made a scan/copy of it along with the gift cards I used. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes on the AAA card scanning. It's now stored permanently with my WallyClub card information and I've never had to show it again; I always get the 25% discount.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Gold
Picked up some Wallypark GCs at Costco (Kirkland location) about two weeks ago and they are selling new Wallypark GCs with T&Cs on the back that do not allow you to combine with the AAA discount. Was given the option of using the gift cards or my AAA discount last night at SEA, but not both like in the past.

For those of you who still have the old GCs without the T&Cs excluding the AAA discount, hopefully they do not give you any problems with combining with the AAA discount. Overall still a decent deal on parking, but not as great as it used to be.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 9:02 pm

Has anybody ever had an instance where they went to Wally's Premier Garage and they couldn't find any self-park spots open on the covered levels?

I've never had problems finding space, including even Thanksgiving last year. Then one day recently, I was surprised to find there were hardly any spots left. In fact, we had to drive around for 10min to finally find someone leaving. I always took it for granted that I'd find space there every single time, so I'm wondering if this was an aberration. Btw, I'd rather not do valet or uncovered level.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by evergrn
Has anybody ever had an instance where they went to Wally's Premier Garage and they couldn't find any self-park spots open on the covered levels?

I've never had problems finding space, including even Thanksgiving last year. Then one day recently, I was surprised to find there were hardly any spots left. In fact, we had to drive around for 10min to finally find someone leaving. I always took it for granted that I'd find space there every single time, so I'm wondering if this was an aberration. Btw, I'd rather not do valet or uncovered level.
I have had this happen i think twice in ~20 visits this year. each time the lady at the gate tells me self parking is full and asks me to go valet. the first time i listened to her. the 2nd time i insisted on trying to look for a spot. customers are coming back on the shuttles, so there usually are people leaving all the time. i was able to snag a spot on the top floor from a customer who just came back.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by SFOHPN
Picked up some Wallypark GCs at Costco (Kirkland location) about two weeks ago and they are selling new Wallypark GCs with T&Cs on the back that do not allow you to combine with the AAA discount. Was given the option of using the gift cards or my AAA discount last night at SEA, but not both like in the past.

For those of you who still have the old GCs without the T&Cs excluding the AAA discount, hopefully they do not give you any problems with combining with the AAA discount. Overall still a decent deal on parking, but not as great as it used to be.
I can attest to the above... I had picked up some of the WallyPark GCs at the Woodinville Costco near the end of June and had not looked at this thread for a couple of months. Imagine my surprise when the lady at the exit told me I could not use both my AAA discount and the cards! She pointed out the "terms & conditions" on the back and said there used to be other cards that did not have the terms. However, no discounts are combinable with the current cards. My cost for 8 days of parking in self park at the garage was $152. I basically paid $50 for $100 in cards, and then added another $52 on my credit card, so $102 total is what I paid for 8 days of parking.

I think I may go back to using the MasterPark MPark self park lot. I've always had good luck finding spaces there, shuttles are fast, and even though there is no attendant for the lot, the lot always has a shuttle with driver in it because they cannot leave until the other shuttle returns from the airport. No coupons needed, and right now it is $9.50 per day plus taxes.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:09 pm

another good choice is extracar. look on their yelp page, they usually have a coupon code for $5.95 a day + tax and fees. you do need to make reservation and pay in advance. and it's valet only. i have used them a few times, they are pretty reliable.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/extra-car-ai...rking-seatac-2
Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by qisu
I have had this happen i think twice in ~20 visits this year. each time the lady at the gate tells me self parking is full and asks me to go valet. the first time i listened to her. the 2nd time i insisted on trying to look for a spot. customers are coming back on the shuttles, so there usually are people leaving all the time. i was able to snag a spot on the top floor from a customer who just came back.
I see. So this does happen from time to time then. Btw they allow you to make a reservation online ahead of time, but I wonder how that works and how they assure that there will be a spot for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.